PDA

View Full Version : 5 year moratorium on new gun laws

mag360
03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
I think we should push for it. They are wasting resources in the capital on both sides of this.

part of the moratorium will include ending the roster.

anyone? DeLeon would love this, he'd have no work to do.

repubconserv
03-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I would say a retraction on many laws is required, including the roster. and then make it treason to interfere with the citizens right to guns (which... it is already)

mag360
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
agreed. We need to get the roberti roos and bmg bans repealed or rendered null. Then a moratorium on new restrictions. Then a treason law so you can't restrict us at all. I'm actually wrking on writing up something that will hopefully make into into a bill.

E Pluribus Unum
03-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Not gonna happen dude; it's a waste of breath speaking about it.

nicki
03-23-2011, 1:13 PM
Former Gov Gray Davis after signing a bunch of anti gun laws publically told the Legislature not to send him any new gun bills.

Perhaps if a petition drive was started and we had enough signatures, say something in the order of 1 million, we could get Gov Jerry Brown to do the same thing.

The justification for the petition wouldn't be "2nd amendment rights", it would be being "fiscally responsible".

Once Jerry would have the petitions, he would have the "political cover" to make such a proclaimation.

Jerry could easily argue that there are numerous competing 2nd amendment lawsuits all across the country, the true scope of the 2nd amendment won't be known for at least another 5 years.

It is possible that the state "Labor Unions" might actually join us on this one.

In their view they are being asked to make money concessions, yet the state government is trying to pass laws that will cut state sales tax revenue and increase litigation costs.

Everything right now is coming down to "MONEY".

It may even be possible to get local politicians to sign on. This is not a pro/anti gun position, it is a fiscally responsible position.

Nicki

Window_Seat
03-23-2011, 1:16 PM
How 'bout a permanent moratorium on new gun laws, and a 10 year moratorium on enforcement of existing gun laws. :D

Erik.

repubconserv
03-23-2011, 1:23 PM
Not gonna happen dude; it's a waste of breath speaking about it.

I forgot to add this in my original post. It is at least, until we can get the majority of CA residents hooked on guns too :D

The Shadow
03-23-2011, 1:40 PM
Throw "Social Justice" in the mix and Moonbeam may bite hook, line, and sinker.

zinfull
03-23-2011, 1:53 PM
How about NO new laws until a balanced budget is in place. No smoke and mirrors but a real number in vs out budget.

jerry

stix213
03-23-2011, 1:56 PM
Might as well ask for a 5 year moratorium on increasing spending. About as likely to happen.

Uriah02
03-23-2011, 2:13 PM
Why strive to maintain the status quo? CGF is on the offense, not defense.

OleCuss
03-23-2011, 2:19 PM
If any of you think you could get that passed and make it stick, well, you've likely been using an illegal substance.

It won't pass in the first place.

If it did pass they'd just pass a new rule or make a change in law anytime they wanted more gun legislation - or they'd pass it as a health measure.

Not worth the time to call anyone to try to get them on-board for this one. It died years before it was conceived.

taperxz
03-23-2011, 3:07 PM
What about all the gun laws they want to make to protect the children though? What would happen to all those??:angelsad2:

scarville
03-23-2011, 3:53 PM
Not likely to happen and it needs to let them repeal all the laws they want to repeal. And it needs to be extended to 100 years.

N6ATF
03-23-2011, 4:21 PM
5 millennium moratorium, immediate repeal of all existing laws (which disarm victims and protect criminals). We won't need guns when we all ascend.

E Pluribus Unum
03-23-2011, 5:09 PM
The perfect solution is just to outlaw stupidity.

If you're stupid, you go to jail.

Ford8N
03-23-2011, 5:47 PM
Not gonna happen. The stupid sheep voters LOVE the rulers they have. Best way to get the laws changed is through the courts and taking a non shooting person shooting.

Quser.619
03-23-2011, 6:22 PM
What makes you think that they'll stick by it? Brown's looking to extend taxes by by-passing the legislature & make the change an amendment to an already passed bill, something that violates the CA constitution.

Squashua
03-23-2011, 7:26 PM
lets just move to Arizona.

cbn620
03-23-2011, 8:08 PM
I mean you can wish all you want. But in the realm of making wishes why not a 5,000 year moratorium? Both are not very likely to happen. When possibilities get this close to approaching zero even seemingly grand differences like 5 and 5,000 are minutiae.

southernsnowshoe
03-23-2011, 8:32 PM
Just have a 5 year moratorium on democrats.

pyro3k2
03-23-2011, 8:48 PM
as proved in our last elections you could control most of state, and still lose the race. If you control two cities (LA and San Fran.) you control the state.

Kid Stanislaus
03-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I think we should push for it. They are wasting resources in the capital on both sides of this. part of the moratorium will include ending the roster. anyone? DeLeon would love this, he'd have no work to do.

Well then let's also push for legislation stating that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Mother Goose are all in fact real people/animals.:rolleyes: