PDA

View Full Version : Light weight stock?

1Fastrider
03-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Looking for the lightest AR stock. Any suggestions/links? Just trying to lighten things up on one of my AR's. Simple config: Irons, no rail, hammerhead and stock.

JDW67
03-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Don't know if it's the "lightest", but the MOE is my choice on my lightwieght 14.5"

AlliedArmory
03-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Magpul MOE, Standard Carbine stock, ACE. Not sure what the lightest is, but those are all real light.

Don29palms
03-23-2011, 6:28 AM
The ACE stocks are real light.

ren
03-23-2011, 6:37 AM
ace might be your best bet.

Don29palms
03-23-2011, 6:46 AM
This is probably the lightest stock out there.
http://riflestocks.com/store/product95.html

Tzvia
03-23-2011, 7:15 AM
You would probably notice a larger weight difference going to a thin barrel. I'm building an IDF style AR right now, but don't want to go with a huge FH pinned on a short barrel, so ordered the Bushmaster superlight 16" barrel. IDF uses very light barrels so this is a close match in a legal size. Gonna use an old A1 stock and grip, and A1C7 type upper and no optics. Should be nice and light and simple. Accessories from Zahal (plus a good dragging down the street to make it look old) should round it out nicely.

ZX-10R
03-23-2011, 7:25 AM
MOE is pretty light...Have it on my WASR right now and was thinking of putting it back on my AR which as the ACS. Since AR recoil is nothing the MOE sure makes it light.

1Fastrider
03-23-2011, 8:04 AM
great thanks for all the suggestions. I will eventually get a new barrel as well just haven't decided which exactly. So many choices out there.

Edit: forgot to mention that I'll be using on featureless build so can't have retractable.

IPSICK
03-23-2011, 9:17 AM
You would probably notice a larger weight difference going to a thin barrel. I'm building an IDF style AR right now, but don't want to go with a huge FH pinned on a short barrel, so ordered the Bushmaster superlight 16" barrel. IDF uses very light barrels so this is a close match in a legal size. Gonna use an old A1 stock and grip, and A1C7 type upper and no optics. Should be nice and light and simple. Accessories from Zahal (plus a good dragging down the street to make it look old) should round it out nicely.

This is the best suggestion. A lighter stock will not make the gun much lighter and may even make it feel heavier because the balance will be off.