PDA

View Full Version : Zastava PAP or Arsenal SGL 23-61

LBDamned
03-22-2011, 7:55 PM
Gentlemen, I had a thread about AK variants and various options & price points... I have pretty much discounted Romanian and Polish variant AK...

I have narrowed it to Zastava PAP http://www.zastava-arms.co.rs/ or Arsenal SGL 23-61 http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/product.php?productid=13&cat=15&page=1

Getting the Zastava sent CA compliant will be $320 cheaper than the CA compliant Arsenal.

The only way I can get my out of state dealer to send the Zastava is to go through middle man which adds $70 (without this cost my mind would be made up and I would get this)... but on principal alone I'm tempted to say phuck it and spend the extra on Arsenal...

My question and concern is - would it be worth it to spend $320 more for the Arsenal? Could the Arsenal possibly be that much better (if any)?

Opinions and reasons please. I need to make decision in the next day or two. TIA

Tweak338
03-22-2011, 8:09 PM
the Zastava PAP is single stack..
Why not just get a Saiga 7.62(non aresenal)??
Its Russian made, easy to convert into AK status.

LBDamned
03-22-2011, 8:18 PM
I realize the drawbacks of the PAP... as for reason between these two, I don't want to deal with conversion at this time (maybe on next purchase)...

the PAP has been on back order for a while and I've been anxious to get it - but this issue of $70 just to have middle man install mag lock has me miffed. I have a local FFL that is willing to accept and install mag lock for $20-$25...

Even though I'm only adding a ttl $50 to the purchase - the principal of the ordeal pisses me off and I feel inclined to give my business to Arsenal since they have made a CA compliant line of weapons.

But I don't know if I can justify the price difference (thus the thread)... so I'd like to keep the topic to the two riffles I've mentioned.

*somehow I suspect I will end up getting a 2nd (or more) AK... so I can research the other options later.

Dhena81
03-22-2011, 9:27 PM
Don't get the AK peeps rowdy with talk about Arsenal earning business based on CA compliance models :eek:

Shady
03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
arsenal is overpriced crap

your better off with a saiga

you can convert it in about a hour with basic hand tools