PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire Glocks now CSA legal --

X-NewYawker
03-22-2011, 5:41 PM
ISSC-AUSTRIA M22 Pistols Now California and Massachusetts Compliant

WARE, MA (March 2011) – ISSC-Austria, exclusive importer and distributor of the M22 range pistol, today announced ISSC is pleased to announce that shooters in California and Massachusetts will soon be able to purchase and shoot the M22B pistol. The gun has now met all the requirements for sale in both states and will shortly be listed on the roster of approved handguns in California and Massachusetts. ISSC has received numerous queries from dealers and shooting enthusiasts in California and Massachusetts concerning the availability of this unique firearm and now shooters in both states will be able to enjoy this product soon.

RayDequina
03-22-2011, 6:00 PM
These aren't Glocks, they're .22's made to approximate your modern semi-auto. Quit posting this misleading stuff all over the forums.

chesterthehero
03-22-2011, 6:02 PM
just like your other post these still are not glocks...

however the town NEXT to my hometown is Ware MA... my grandmother still lives there.. she is 95..

Quiet
03-22-2011, 8:33 PM
(ISSC) They are made by some former Walther employees.
So, it's actually a SAO hammer fired Walther P22 made to look like a Glock.

jackandblood
03-22-2011, 9:38 PM
The more semi 22lr pistols the merrier. How long does it usually take for new roster approved stuff to show up in stores?

stitchnicklas
03-22-2011, 11:32 PM
These aren't Glocks, they're .22's made to approximate your modern semi-auto. Quit posting this misleading stuff all over the forums.

harsh...

jackandblood
03-23-2011, 12:06 AM
ISSC doesn't obtain official licensing as umarex does. I love the fact that my m4 rimfire has the renowned Colt logo and It does boost my confidence in the product. But a simple blowback 22lr action aint rocket science. A look at the satisfied owners of the phoenix arms pistol is case and point. Since neither glock nor FN have any plans for 22lr that im aware of. I could give a tuppany **** that the m22 doesn't have the glock label and likewise the mk22 and FN. If they shoot well thats all that matters. Now if Glock did have plans to mfg. a 22lr. or license umarex to make one, that's another matter, and probably a legal one. Otherwise there are just some people hating. The rimfire community would do well to just ignore these people.

tempdrummer
03-23-2011, 10:36 AM
They're cool and all but if you like glocks the advantage arms kits are the same price, function perfectly and you're actually shooting your glock.

Kestryll
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Or, and this is just a thought from the ADMIN, you could keep your snide little comments to yourself.

I'd HEAVILY suggest that give this some thought....

CSACANNONEER
03-23-2011, 11:02 AM

Thanks, not being a Glock is a plus for me. Maybe I'll look for one soon. BTW, before correcting someone, maybe you should find out all the facts. First, the OP did clarify that these were not made by Glock by merely stating the actual make and model. Secondly, you should probably find out who you are trying to correct before making a fool out of yourself. X-NYer is more turned into the current industry trends than 99.9999% of the members here let alone, the general shooting public.

Gryff
03-23-2011, 11:09 AM
First, the OP did clarify that these were not made by Glock by merely stating the actual make and model.

True, but the title of the thread is bogus. These aren't rimfire Glocks.

MrPlink
03-23-2011, 5:34 PM
I know who OP is, never the less, his credentials still don't mean that the title isn't misleading.
I'm sure I know his purpose or intent, but...

X-NewYawker
03-23-2011, 6:09 PM
JESUS ****ING CHRIST!
The intent was I was trying to be cute! Cute! GLOCK (who I work for) doesn't make "baby Glocks" or rimfire GLocks --

I should have just put quotes around the word GLOCK, I was just SO excited that ANY new gun got on the roster. THAT was the point! THAT WAS!
I don't want one of these!

Sorry I misled anyone -- the milliseconds they wasted looking at the post I'm sure could have used more constructively! I seriously needed a thrashing over this compared to the tools who ask the same questions over and over again about modding their 10-22s…

I try to bring a little news to the site and get squashed…

Shooting a nice prototype Friday -- next time I won't post here.
Thanks Little Ray.

msand951
03-23-2011, 6:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up X-NewYanker.
Ive been wanting to try one out since I saw them on JG sales .
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/issc-austria-m22%2C-22lr%2C-4in-black-m111000-new-backordered-/products_id/4635
Hope CA prices are close to JG .

If you dont post can you pmme a socal store that will be selling them.

X-NewYawker
03-23-2011, 6:36 PM
I got the press release for ISSC directly -- I guess any local store could order it for you.
The pics I saw looked more like a GLOCK than the ones posted here.

jackandblood
03-23-2011, 7:02 PM
hey i got your back. we be coo right? *fistpump?*

JESUS ****ING CHRIST!
The intent was I was trying to be cute! Cute! GLOCK (who I work for) doesn't make "baby Glocks" or rimfire GLocks --

I should have just put quotes around the word GLOCK, I was just SO excited that ANY new gun got on the roster. THAT was the point! THAT WAS!
I don't want one of these!

Sorry I misled anyone -- the milliseconds they wasted looking at the post I'm sure could have used more constructively! I seriously needed a thrashing over this compared to the tools who ask the same questions over and over again about modding their 10-22s…

I try to bring a little news to the site and get squashed…

Shooting a nice prototype Friday -- next time I won't post here.
Thanks Little Ray.

X-NewYawker
03-23-2011, 7:41 PM
Fist bump, bro.

X-NewYawker
03-23-2011, 8:25 PM
These are the shots in which I think at least you can clearly see they're supposed to LOOK like Glocks -- with all the added safeties required by our crappy state…
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/handguns/m22_desert.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/handguns/m22_std.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/handguns/ISSC_M2_GEMTECH_ALPINE_TRL.jpg

jackandblood
03-23-2011, 8:33 PM
Im a lil iffy bout the "automotive paint" almost listed like its a feature. I mean if paintball fill can damage the finish..

hey is that last pic an extended barrel sleeve? if so thats what a good 8" barrel, probably do well with hot ammo.

CWatson
03-23-2011, 8:34 PM
I got the press release for ISSC directly -- I guess any local store could order it for you.
The pics I saw looked more like a GLOCK than the ones posted here.

Glock either threatened to or did take legal action against ISSC because they looked similer so details were changed so they looked less like a Glock.

Notice in the pictures above the one with the suppressor looks more like a Glock with it's hooked trigger guard and checkering on front and rear of the grip straps, it is a early model, the others pictured are later models with cosmetic changes to look less "Glock".

CW

tempdrummer
03-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Hell glock sued the airsoft/bb gun makers over using their design so chances of a rimfire being a direct copy are nil. This is as close as you get unless ,like I said before, you use a conversion kit on your actual glock.

X-NewYawker
03-24-2011, 6:38 PM
Glock either threatened to or did take legal action against ISSC because they looked similer so details were changed so they looked less like a Glock.

Notice in the pictures above the one with the suppressor looks more like a Glock with it's hooked trigger guard and checkering on front and rear of the grip straps, it is a early model, the others pictured are later models with cosmetic changes to look less "Glock".

CW

That's right. Why the checkerboard cocking serrations, as well

Reductio
03-24-2011, 6:49 PM
http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/do_want.jpg

mtwelve
03-25-2011, 9:18 PM
It will look awesome in my safe. Can't wait!

DREADNOUGHT78
03-25-2011, 9:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I am definately interested as these would do well to help my nephews practice so they can shoot IDPA!

jackandblood
03-26-2011, 7:53 AM
any leads on places have em at the MAP $200?

Bobula
03-26-2011, 8:08 AM
and idea when these will be on the roster?

AngelDecoys
03-26-2011, 8:32 AM
JESUS ****ING CHRIST!

Appreciate the post. Always good to have 1 more handgun on the roster. Think i'll stick with my advantage arms kit over one that looks cool but that works slightly different.

BTW - What is it with Glock? Conversions kits are available for my Sig, my CZ, my Beretta, my Kimber, but we've got to go TS or Advantage Arms to fill the gap? um, missed market share..... Since you work for Glock, let them know they need to step up and make a kit themselves.