View Full Version : battle rig/training kits (ie. belts, leg rigs, mag pouches, etc)

03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I went to my first defensive AR training session this past weekend, and found my gear sorely lacking. Some of my classmates had some very functional gear, and a couple described in detail what they used in another forum. I would like to see some pics or descriptions of what some of you out there in the community have to get some ideas if you would like to share. From the leanest to the most tacticool, let's see 'em!

03-23-2011, 8:52 AM
If its only for training then you can't go wrong with some type of chest rig that has the capability of mag storage low around the belly area, additionally, a drop leg rig with a dump pouch is good for spent mags. The chest rig will allow to fire from virtually any position and maintain access to your mags as well. There is a ton of quality pieces out there for relatively cheap. alot on cheaperthatdirt.com.

03-23-2011, 5:01 PM
check this one out from BCM. I dont have one but it looks good.

03-26-2011, 2:45 PM
Buy "Made in the USA"

03-26-2011, 3:05 PM

Lots of great stuff.

Check the eagle/ universal chest rig. Light weight and able to hold several mags.

03-26-2011, 5:41 PM
I agree with the above + good single point sling and elbow, kneee pads, gloves.

03-27-2011, 1:49 AM
I use a ATS Warbelt with FastMags and a dump pouch. I recently added a Safariland drop leg holster to the setup.

03-27-2011, 9:38 AM

This is where TT sells their overstock - you can get a MAV here and pouches pretty cheap and set up a decent chest rig for classes or urban unrest.