PDA

View Full Version : shaved fsb back to standard fsb.

ChrisO
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Got a rifle with a shaved fsb and a rifle length rail. My preference is a carbine length rail with a standard fsb. Is it as simple as buying a new f marked fsb and taking off the old one and installing the new one?

Fate
03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Nope.

The pins that hold the FSB on to the barrel are individually drilled and most likely will NOT line up when trying to retrofit another FSB to the old barrel.

You need a new barrel (easiest to just buy one with preinstalled FSB) to get where you want to go.

ChrisO
03-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Damn. Well guess I'll look for a new barrel lol.

missiontrails
03-22-2011, 12:06 PM
There are clamp-on FSB's out there... and some of them fold. Look into one of those...

http://www.operationparts.com/A_R_M_S_Silhouette_41_B_L_Folding_Front_Sight_p/41-B-L.htm

ChrisO
03-22-2011, 1:34 PM
One thing I don't get is adding any new type of gas block or anything else requires the same pins so why can't a standard fsb be put on if a low pro gas block can? I have folding buis but I prefer a standard front like I said only like a folding rear.

FFShooter23
03-22-2011, 1:47 PM
Some gas blocks come pinned from the company, but most aftermarket are tightened using screws or set screws to attach to the barrel. If you want I have an F marked fsb you can have mine. I'll include the pins as well. PM me if interested.