PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110BA .338 LM

Damiiaaannn
03-21-2011, 9:37 PM
Does anybody have experience shooting this gun? I want to know some range reports of the rifle because I'm looking into purchasing one. Tell me whatever you know about the rifle. And what would be a good scope for this rifle. Price limit for scope $1000-$1200.
http://www.westernshooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Savage-110ba.png

Modimo
03-21-2011, 9:53 PM
I, too, am interested in people's feedback... The consensus I have read is that it's a a great value compared to comparative rifles that are much more expensive. Though the look isn't for everyone (I don't mind the way it looks).

Damiiaaannn
03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I like the looks of it. And I can get a great deal on it. $1800 from my FFL, thats $500 off MSRP, so I think I just have to get it.

Damiiaaannn
03-22-2011, 2:29 PM
Anybody have experience on the rifle?

VjjR
03-22-2011, 2:31 PM
I would spend more than that on a scope... 1200 for a scope is a bit week for a gun like this I'd go more like 1800 and get a nightforce. But what is your intentions with this rifle so i can get a better idea what scope you need?

Damiiaaannn
03-22-2011, 2:43 PM
Just a fun range rifle. Take it to the range and see how far I can hit the target pretty much.

VjjR
03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
here's a think to some info on one on another forum

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1835112
I didn't read through it so I'm not sure about a range report

If its just for fun you can probably get a good enough scope for it for 1200. I really like Leupold's warranty work though I haven't dealt with other manufacturers warranty. the 6.5-20x50 Leupold mark 4 is about $100 over your budget. The Ziess conquest 6.5-20x50 is an extremely nice scope for the price, i would get the mil-dot reticle, its under your budget, it is only a 1" tube but there is nothing wrong with that. trijicon accupoint is tactiCOOL in 5-20x50 and under your budget but its not the best glass for your money, i like the green dot cross hairs and mil-dot. Bushnell elite rifles scopes are actually made by bausch-lomb which is good but i still don't care too much for them. Don't forget you have to buy rings and maybe a base too so factor that in on the cost of the scope. Theres a lot of options out there... if it were me i would probably save and get a Nightforce. Whatever you decide to get PM me and ill see if i can find you a cheaper price I'm always shopping for scopes in case I ever win the lotto.