PDA

View Full Version : Bolt making noise

repubconserv
03-20-2011, 10:08 PM
So I took my savage 11 out today and put 20 rounds through it. So far I have 80 rounds through it, I have cleaned it 3 times (including today) and very lightly oiled it.

Anyways, I just put bolt back in the gun, and when I lock it into the chamber, there is a small grinding (kind of wet sounding). It still works fine inasmuch as it still slides and locks fine, there is just that sound and it is kind of disturbing...

Should I be worried or am I being paranoid?

Vanilla Gorilla
03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
sounds like there might be a tiny bit of dirt somewhere you could try pulling everything apart and giving it a good cleaning but if it was me i wouldn't trip too much

rero360
03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
paranoid, if anything you're cleaning it too much, last time I cleaned mine was about 200 rounds ago and that was only because i sent it to HateCA to get a brake installed.

repubconserv
03-20-2011, 10:35 PM
sounds like there might be a tiny bit of dirt somewhere you could try pulling everything apart and giving it a good cleaning but if it was me i wouldn't trip too much

I have yet to disassemble the bolt and clean it... I dont really want to, so I guess I wont :D

Much thanks for the opinions