PDA

View Full Version : How many of you guys have had this happen

dr_communist
03-20-2011, 2:57 AM
Basically I was out shooting my ar today, it is an a2 clone. I put problably 100 rounds threw it and the bolt locked betwen the atock and upper.

So after taking the stock off and seperating the 2 I found my buffer detent inside my fcg. After figuring it out I think my stock was loose which allowed the detent to jump out of it's spot and jam the gun. Have any of you guys ever has that problem? The detent got chewed up and I lock-tited the stock on. You guys think I should buy a new detent? And have any of you guys ever had this problem?

77bawls
03-20-2011, 3:06 AM
Basically I was out shooting my ar today, it is an a2 clone. I put problably 100 rounds threw it and the bolt locked betwen the atock and upper.

So after taking the stock off and seperating the 2 I found my buffer detent inside my fcg. After figuring it out I think my stock was loose which allowed the detent to jump out of it's spot and jam the gun. Have any of you guys ever has that problem? The detent got chewed up and I lock-tited the stock on. You guys think I should buy a new detent? And have any of you guys ever had this problem?

Nope, but some people either loctite the tube nut or swedge it. The whole stock would need to rotate for the thing to come out, unless you didn't have it set right to begin with.