PDA

View Full Version : knoxx corner lock?

Socal858
10-23-2006, 3:19 PM
what does everyone think?

slick_711
10-23-2006, 3:26 PM
http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/Cornerlock.htm

$40 @ MidwayUSA, looks like $79.95 everywhere else.

As to its function/design, I couldn't testify. I'd rather have a full safe personally, more secure and can also hold other items/documents, somewhat more controllable as far as internal moisture levels go if you live in a humid area.

But if you dont have money/space for a safe and just have a few firearms I guess this'd be a good option.

Socal858
10-23-2006, 5:02 PM
im only gonna have 2 OLLs for now in a small apartment so i am looking for a smaller storage solution like this. if my collection expands ill go to a full size safe and maybe leave one rifle in the cornerlock for SHTF. what does everyone think?

btw thanks for the lowest price linK!

mur
10-23-2006, 5:59 PM
That might meet the Federal Laws, but doesn't look to safe to me.
I see that coming off with A few hard rips on those Joint Braces, Maybe not though.
Also I don't like to display my Arms.
You could always buy a small safe to place in the closet, I lived in a studio for a while and it made me feel more comfotable for sure.
I think I would invest a bit more than 40.00 for firearm saftey

Socal858
10-23-2006, 6:07 PM
my ARs would be in a deep corner of my closet, and it put something over them. i definitely understand your concern

regarding the braces, is there any reason why i should believe knoxx's claims of strength? my apartment isnt old and the walls arent falling apart, if that matters

(if there was a smiley for "i dunno", id use it right now)

Patriot
10-23-2006, 6:19 PM
My initial reaction is that anything bolted onto a wall (even with the bolts mounted over studs), is far from virtually impossible to remove. A guy in average shape with a crowbar or sledgehammer + 10-15 minutes = bad juju

An ideal solution? Hardly. An acceptable solution? Perhaps. [Especially if it is mounted onto 2x4 studs with thick, sturdy bolts at a minimum of 4 (preferably 6-8) points].

My $0.02

taloft
10-23-2006, 6:30 PM
I wouldn't trust this device to help prevent theft. It is held in place by four lag bolts. Anyone with a basic knowledge of construction or demolition would have it out of the wall in minutes. Then it becomes a handy carrying ring.:D Getting the guns off the ring would actually take longer than getting the ring off the wall.

Edit: Patriot beat me to it.:p

Socal858
10-23-2006, 6:39 PM
thanks for the advice guys! are there any smaller capacity rifle safes out there? i dont ever think ill have more than 3-4 rifles and one pumpgun

Socal858
10-24-2006, 2:05 PM
man that sounds nice. but yeah as you said, cutting into teh drywall is definitely not an option if i want to keep my deposit