PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Sure Grip compartment pops open when shooting

locosway
03-19-2011, 2:54 AM
When I'm shooting the compartment cover on my Ergo sure grip that came with my LMT rifle pops open. I'm not storing anything in here yet, but if I did I'd lose what ever it was when I'm shooting. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there an easy fix?

negolien
03-19-2011, 6:15 AM
LOL that's jacked up. I have been looking at getting a Ergo or other non-slip grip for my AR. Hope you find a fix.

shark92651
03-19-2011, 6:49 AM
I was never a big fan of the way the rubber cover fits into the bottom of the Ergo. Some fit better than others, how old is your grip?

I prefer the rigid plastic grips like the MOE grip and it has a cover that snaps into place and will never pop open on it's own. They are supposed to be releasing a rubber covered version but so far it has not entered production.

locosway
03-19-2011, 6:57 AM
I was never a big fan of the way the rubber cover fits into the bottom of the Ergo. Some fit better than others, how old is your grip?

I prefer the rigid plastic grips like the MOE grip and it has a cover that snaps into place and will never pop open on it's own. They are supposed to be releasing a rubber covered version but so far it has not entered production.

Picked up my lower from you guys a few months ago.

I really like the Ergo grip, it feels nice and looks a lot better than the other ones. But that damned compartment won't stay closed when I'm shooting. Kinda sucks to have a compartment you can't use.

Tmac
03-19-2011, 7:00 AM
Turn it around. although its connected with that rubber band it still can get twisted and put in backwards, then it pops out.

damon1272
03-19-2011, 7:00 AM
The ERGO compartmnet sucks. Grip grip I just don't trust the compartment.

locosway
03-19-2011, 7:01 AM
Turn it around. although its connected with that rubber band it still can get twisted and put in backwards, then it pops out.

I'll give it a try when I get home in a few hours, thanks!

Knife Edge
03-19-2011, 9:36 AM
Try cleaning the mating areas with alcohol to remove any residual lubricants from the last cleaning. It should help it stay in there, mine stays.

dieselpower
03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
I had two Biotech AG-43 grips, the black ones door would pop open, the sand color one would stay closed. I still have the sand one even though I hate the color.

My Ergo was solid.

shark92651
03-21-2011, 4:13 PM
Interesting, we noticed on Saturday that our latest shipment of Ergo grips do not include the grip plug. We called Falcon and they told us they are no longer including the plug because they were having issues with the design. It may come back later, but for now there is no longer a plug on any of the new Ergo Suregrip and Rigid standard grips.