PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCP sale question

asimon54
03-16-2011, 7:09 PM
Hi there everyone,
This is my first post - a few questions for you...

I have a Ruger LCP that I purchased on consignment from one of the Cow Palace gun shows about a year ago. This LCP was previously owned by a Vallejo police officer. I had to send it in to Ruger for the retrofit, and recently I added a Crimson Trace laser. I would like to now sell my LCP.

My question is this: since this pistol is not on the Cali DOJ approved list of handguns, will I still be able to advertise it here, sell it and ship it to the buyer's local FFL?

How about transfer fees? Is that all handled by the FFL at pickup day?

Obviously I've never sold a firearm this way so I'd appreciate a little assist.

THANKS!

asimon54

Tripper
03-16-2011, 7:16 PM
I think if it goes to an FFL it has to be on list because it's no longer ppt but a dealer sale
So I was told by my local FFL

Tripper
03-16-2011, 7:17 PM
That's shipped..
face to face through a FFL would be ppt and off list ok

asimon54
03-16-2011, 7:53 PM
So the LCP would need to go back on consignment through a dealer/FFL? Am I getting this right tripper?

BTW, forgive my newbie ignorance... I got FTF but what is PPT?

Nor-Cal
03-16-2011, 8:02 PM
PPT= private party transfer.

asimon54
03-16-2011, 8:15 PM
thanks norcal.

so an internet sale ie: here or on gunbroker shipped to the buyer's FFL is out of the question.

would i still be able to advertise on calguns.net but arrange a local FTF/PPT transfer?

crazy4golf
03-16-2011, 8:18 PM
Yes PPT FTF is ok on an off list gun.

Nor-Cal
03-16-2011, 8:20 PM
thanks norcal.

so an internet sale ie: here or on gunbroker shipped to the buyer's FFL is out of the question.

would i still be able to advertise on calguns.net but arrange a local FTF/PPT transfer?

Yes you would still be able to advertise here on Calguns and arrange local FTF/PPT transfer,

asimon54
03-16-2011, 8:27 PM
OK thanks a lot guys!

Tripper
03-16-2011, 8:32 PM
Yah my understanding is if it get shipped to FFL it goes on FFL books then must be sold according to the list, a face to face private party, the FFL is only the legal document part of it and is exempt from the list,
Shipped means the FFL is the seller basically.

asimon54
03-16-2011, 8:38 PM
Thanks Tripper!