PDA

View Full Version : I would purchase this but I don't see it on the list...

thatsteveguy
03-16-2011, 5:59 PM
Is there any reason this isn't on the list?
Ruger model: kp512hmk3rp
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/burgherdude/For%20Sale/72436.png

Justintoxicated
03-16-2011, 6:01 PM
Probably just because ruger didn't pay to have that model added :(

I went through the same thing when purchasing my buckmark, they have a ton of nearly identical models with different grips sights etc, but only a fraction of them were on the "approved" list.

MongooseV8
03-16-2011, 6:46 PM
Yeah even though its the same everything as a Hunter model, because it has the removable grip panels its a different model number. Since its a different model number, Ruger would have to get that one approved ontop of the other 98247593284 different model 22/45's. I have seen a couple for sale, but they are brought in by people moving into the state and what not.

If you really want one there is a way to shave down the molded "grip panels" on any 22/45 lower and add threaded bushings so you can swap 1911 grip panels. rimfirecentral.com has a few great write ups.

AlbcAlbrr
03-16-2011, 9:09 PM
I had the same question a while back and sent an email to Ruger. This was their response:

The new model 10140 is not available in California. Under California Law, rimfire pistols manufactured after January 1, 2007 must be equipped with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect. The California Department of Justice has not recognized this device as satisfying all the requirements. The new model 10140 will not be offered in California in its current configuration. At this point, there are no plans to produce a California compliant model.

RickyB
03-16-2011, 9:36 PM
I had the same question a while back and sent an email to Ruger. This was their response:

The new model 10140 is not available in California. Under California Law, rimfire pistols manufactured after January 1, 2007 must be equipped with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect. The California Department of Justice has not recognized this device as satisfying all the requirements. The new model 10140 will not be offered in California in its current configuration. At this point, there are no plans to produce a California compliant model.

Well phuk me, and just after the wife said 'Ok, I like that one, buy it for me'.

GDTFS........

RickyB
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Kwik kwestion, what's the theory/bennies of the fluted barrel? I for one don't find it all that sexy, but it might do. Is it a style/design thing, or a weight/performance thing?....

Prestoked
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
The flutes add more surface area and supposedly aid in cooling.

MrPlink
03-17-2011, 12:46 AM
The flutes add more surface area and supposedly aid in cooling.

also reduces weight, but im sure thats not an issue here