PDA

View Full Version : CMMG .22 Ar-15

ridiqls
03-15-2011, 8:16 PM
hello,

I'm new to ar-15s. Don't need the greatest so I found these:

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/QUEBEC-.22-Evolution-Rifle-w-Low-Profile-FSB-1641

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/QUEBEC-A-.22-Evolution-Rifle-w-Low-Profile-FSB-1503

I haven't found any reviews on the complete rifles, only the CMMG uppers. Are these legal in california? (if they ship with a 10 round mag). I can't seem to tell the difference between the first and second models. Can I use this CMMG lower with an upper of my choice later on should I want to change out of the .22?

tempdrummer
03-15-2011, 10:20 PM
The lower is just a standard CMMG milspec lower. Any review of the CMMG upper would apply to the complete rifle as well.

You can put any 5.56/.223 upper on that lower and any 5.56/.223 lower on that upper.

Yes they are legal but you gotta find a shop thats willing to accept a complete AR. Your best bet is to just buy a lower locally and have the upper shipped from your vendor of choice.

Contact Shadow65 on here, he has great prices on CMMG.

ridiqls
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks.

Really? Why wouldn't a shop accept a complete AR? Would they accept a lower separately?

7.62 Charlie
03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Some shops are afraid of '"evil" AR-15's.:rolleyes:

NorCalDustin
03-16-2011, 10:57 AM
The lower is just a standard CMMG milspec lower. Any review of the CMMG upper would apply to the complete rifle as well.

You can put any 5.56/.223 upper on that lower and any 5.56/.223 lower on that upper.

Yes they are legal but you gotta find a shop thats willing to accept a complete AR. Your best bet is to just buy a lower locally and have the upper shipped from your vendor of choice.

Contact Shadow65 on here, he has great prices on CMMG.
Correct...

I've got two of the CMMG .22LR Upper's... Both fantastic... The Lowers are just standard AR-15 lowers... Completely legal.

WRENCHHEAD
03-16-2011, 8:42 PM
well if you use the lower with a centerfire upper you will need to add a mag lock to it. plus i'm not sure if it comes with a buffer and spring because the .22 upper doesn't need to run one, so you'll need to add those to it.

Jel
03-17-2011, 6:17 PM
Correct...

I've got two of the CMMG .22LR Upper's... Both fantastic... The Lowers are just standard AR-15 lowers... Completely legal.

New to .22LR AR's as well. Are these true .22LR uppers like the Spikes upper or are they just a standard CMMG upper with a .22LR conversion? I know getting a conversion kit would be a cheaper way to go, at the expense of accuracy?

WRENCHHEAD
03-17-2011, 6:23 PM
New to .22LR AR's as well. Are these true .22LR uppers like the Spikes upper or are they just a standard CMMG upper with a .22LR conversion? I know getting a conversion kit would be a cheaper way to go, at the expense of accuracy?

these are true .22 uppers with .22lr chambered, 1/16 twist barrels.

donw
03-17-2011, 7:50 PM
i ordered a spikes tactical ST-22 M4LE carbine from them (spikes tactical) and Faith Armory of temecula accepted it for me; DROS fees were $85.00.

lowers are stamped "22LR" but accept 5.56 uppers.

Faith armory will install a "bullet button" if you purchase it from them for $20.00 or you can purchase the bullet button and install it yourself. (you gotta have the bullet button to be legal in California for centerfire AR platform.)

so...if you don't mind traveling to temecula, Faith Armory will help you. or, give them a call...951-699-7500

shadow65
03-17-2011, 9:04 PM
Element Arms is handling complete CMMG .22 rifle sales to CA.
If you need anything else, let me know. You will be glad you did.:D
Dave

762.DEFENSE
03-18-2011, 11:39 AM
First off, I have the CMMG AR-22, and love it. I bought mine from Marks Armory (had nothing but positive experiences with them), the rifle out the door with shipping came out to $502.83. I had it shipped to Straightline Tacitcal with DROS and fees it all came out to $572.83. You really can't go wrong with that price in my opinion.

Anyways good luck with your decision!

dfletcher
03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Stupid question time. I see that large plastic block just behind the ejection port and assume it's a brass deflector, is that correct? Is it needed, can it be removed (I presume yes) without affecting function? How much of a PITA is it to remove and replace the ejection port cover, the "issue" one looks cut by a 3rd. By "PITA" I mean technical difficulty - will I need a 3rd hand?

shadow65
03-20-2011, 12:37 PM
The deflector is removed by removing the ejection port rod. Same as any standard AR.
It helps a lot with deflecting the .22 gasses and gunk.
I shot a 5.56 conversion today and believe me, I appreciate having the .22 deflector. I didn't have one on the 5.56 and every shot threw crd in my face.
CMMG makes a quick detatch deflector combo that is removed very easily for the guys using conversions.
Dave