PDA

View Full Version : Hello from San Diego

cambria
03-14-2011, 2:15 AM
Greetings, Calguns forum! I am very happy to finally join, I've been using info from throughout these archives for a few weeks now, to build a very solid understanding of the law on obtaining a KA legal AK. Currently only own a FN57 and my starter, an old big-5 .22. It looks like I'll be visiting DAS in Solana Beach this week since they've dealt a bit with Atlantic! Looking forward to expanding my knowledge, and in the near future to be able to share my experiences with you all.
:2:
Anyway, I spend a lot of time in the Ocotillo area BLM land outside San Diego, if anyone here frequents dos cabesas or the like perhaps we'll end up shooting together sometime:)

pullnshoot25
03-14-2011, 6:52 AM
Greetings, Calguns forum! I am very happy to finally join, I've been using info from throughout these archives for a few weeks now, to build a very solid understanding of the law on obtaining a KA legal AK. Currently only own a FN57 and my starter, an old big-5 .22. It looks like I'll be visiting DAS in Solana Beach this week since they've dealt a bit with Atlantic! Looking forward to expanding my knowledge, and in the near future to be able to share my experiences with you all.
:2:
Anyway, I spend a lot of time in the Ocotillo area BLM land outside San Diego, if anyone here frequents dos cabesas or the like perhaps we'll end up shooting together sometime:)

Colby is a good dude, he will hook you up :)

den888
03-14-2011, 6:55 AM
Welcome!

mikaarce
03-14-2011, 7:00 AM
Welcome, and enjoy your trip to DAS, great poeple.

Wicked Pete
03-14-2011, 6:39 PM
Welcome. Lot's of folks on CGN from your (SD) area. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Williexcited
03-14-2011, 6:42 PM
Welcome! If your going to DAS don't forget about Parallax tactical they have AK's also.

BadKitty
03-14-2011, 7:04 PM
Welcome from another San Diegan!

BK

zod
03-14-2011, 8:49 PM
Welcome to Calguns. Enjoy.

DeanW66
03-14-2011, 9:00 PM
Welcome aboard!

.22guy
03-14-2011, 9:54 PM
Welcome to Calguns! :)

pullnshoot25
03-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome! If your going to DAS don't forget about Parallax tactical they are AK's also.

DAS IS SUPERIOR!!

gfourth
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome! See you in Ocotillo!

Bluhdow!
03-15-2011, 3:03 PM
I live in PB and just bought an AK. I bought an Arsenal SGL23 (7.62x39) from Atlantic Firearms. I did the FFL transfer at National Police Supply in San Marcos. The owner there was a great guy and very helpful.

I'd really like to learn where you shoot out on BLM land. I've been going to P2K but would like to find a place where I can bring my own trap thrower and shoot legally.

I'd be down to sync up one day to go out there with you. You can show me where to shoot and I'll let you run some rounds through the AK to see what you think.

PM me if you're interested.

~Bluhdow!

BayAreaShooter
03-15-2011, 3:11 PM
Welcome aboard.

cambria
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, glad to hear such positive things! Also below, my first reply /giddy

I live in PB and just bought an AK. I bought an Arsenal SGL23 (7.62x39) from Atlantic Firearms. I did the FFL transfer at National Police Supply in San Marcos. The owner there was a great guy and very helpful.

I'd really like to learn where you shoot out on BLM land. I've been going to P2K but would like to find a place where I can bring my own trap thrower and shoot legally.

I'd be down to sync up one day to go out there with you. You can show me where to shoot and I'll let you run some rounds through the AK to see what you think.

PM me if you're interested.

~Bluhdow!

That sounds great! I go a couple weekends a month. Pretty much if you are taking the 8 east you just exit the imperial highway (it's the exit for the small town of ocotillo) try typing ocotillo ca into googlemaps for a starting point of reference.

From there you take imperial hwy left and it wraps through the town quickly and into the open desert, in a westward direction. This road ultimately goes into Anza Borrego State Park, so pick a road before the sign and be careful not to cross the line! Most of the prime shooting area is well before this. The dirt roads off the highway are marked as such (EC#119, 150, etc) and they are designated the BLM land. A personal recommendation of mine is one of the early turnouts, about 8 miles outside of town, a dirt road/marker titled "Dos Cabesas Rd" leads to a primitive campground if you follow it for many miles... but most people simply take one of many campsites nestled against it's large dirt cliffs for both wind protection and ricochet reasons! It crosses and joins several other BLM roads once you drive in a ways off the hwy, plenty of really nice spots for camping strewn about. I'll PM you about a trip!

bsg
03-16-2011, 2:13 AM
welcome to the forum.

bjl333
03-16-2011, 9:57 AM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

gfourth
03-16-2011, 8:13 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, glad to hear such positive things! Also below, my first reply /giddy

That sounds great! I go a couple weekends a month. Pretty much if you are taking the 8 east you just exit the imperial highway (it's the exit for the small town of ocotillo) try typing ocotillo ca into googlemaps for a starting point of reference.

From there you take imperial hwy left and it wraps through the town quickly and into the open desert, in a westward direction. This road ultimately goes into Anza Borrego State Park, so pick a road before the sign and be careful not to cross the line! Most of the prime shooting area is well before this. The dirt roads off the highway are marked as such (EC#119, 150, etc) and they are designated the BLM land. A personal recommendation of mine is one of the early turnouts, about 8 miles outside of town, a dirt road/marker titled "Dos Cabesas Rd" leads to a primitive campground if you follow it for many miles... but most people simply take one of many campsites nestled against it's large dirt cliffs for both wind protection and ricochet reasons! It crosses and joins several other BLM roads once you drive in a ways off the hwy, plenty of really nice spots for camping strewn about. I'll PM you about a trip!

I'll be out there Saturday morning if anyone else is out there, come say hi.

cambria
03-16-2011, 8:55 PM
gfourth, do you also use the dos cabesas entrance? if so, what kind of vehicle do you drive? Silver 4runner frequently there on saturday/sunday is me!

gfourth
03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
gfourth, do you also use the dos cabesas entrance? if so, what kind of vehicle do you drive? Silver 4runner frequently there on saturday/sunday is me!

Yeah, I turn up dos cabesas, then take a right turn onto the wash and follow that about a mile or so.

I'm usually in a white lifted F150 supercrew (older style), or you might see a green Suzuki Samurai. I'll keep an eye out for ya!