PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 795 recoil spring

vinny_land
03-13-2011, 4:26 PM
Just got back from the range today and got done cleaning my Marlin 795. Putting her back together, I bent my spring :kest::banghead: Are these common parts I can find at local gunshops? The reason I ask is Midway and Brownells have them out of stock and on backorder.

CXR89
03-13-2011, 7:39 PM
How bad did you bend the Spring? When I first took mine apart I did the same thing, bending the spring to almost a 90 degree angle. But i managed to starighten it out with some needle nose pliers. I still have the same spring in mine and i have over a few thousand rounds with out any problems.

RawImpact
03-13-2011, 8:49 PM
How bad did you bend the Spring? When I first took mine apart I did the same thing, bending the spring to almost a 90 degree angle. But i managed to starighten it out with some needle nose pliers. I still have the same spring in mine and i have over a few thousand rounds with out any problems.

i did the same thing. i would try rebending. Worst case it wont cycle.

Gigan
03-13-2011, 9:34 PM

Ditto:43:

vinny_land
03-13-2011, 10:17 PM
lol yeah its bent at a 90 degree angle and then there is a little kink maybe about 1/2 inch from the 90 bend. I'll sleep on it tonight and fix it tomorrow and try it when I have time.

shrap
03-14-2011, 7:51 PM
I also bent my Marlin 60 spring, which is the same as the 795 spring. You can probably rebend it back since it doesn't need to be perfect - the spring guide will keep it in place.

vinny_land
03-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Tried bending it back into place and got it straight enough. Attempted to put the rifle back together and then kink...made it worse. The beauty of metal is that you can at least work it back into shape but this one is so cock eyed, I give up.