PDA

View Full Version : Garand for $620 on guns america in CALI

VeryCoolCat
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Looking around and saw this thing. I can't afford it, maybe someone else can.

661 Area Code
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976788777.htm

C&R = No Dros Fee :D

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Good deal. Not all matching with the internal SA parts, but the price sure is nice.

30Cal
10-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I'd ask for more pictures--details of the midsection (above and below the wood, inside and out) plus the numbers under the wood on the front right side of the receiver. Picture #1 gives me the heeby-jeebies. The park may be funny or there could be baked on cosmoline, but I see some discoloration of the center (red flag) and also an odd pock mark (red flag) at the clip latch pin hole.

The other side looks OK from what I can see. Lines are straight, wear appears to be uniform, no odd milling marks... Not the best photo though.

icormba
10-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Could be a service grade CMP rifle (minty bore?)?
Matching HRA barrel is nice as is the +$100 HRA op rod.

HRA's are my favorite, but I wouldn't go for that one. I might be tempted only if I didn't already have an HRA.

icormba
10-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Could be a service grade CMP rifle (minty bore?)?
Matching HRA barrel is nice as is the +$100 HRA op rod.

HRA's are my favorite, but I wouldn't go for that one. I might be tempted only if I didn't already have an HRA.

EVIL POST COUNT!!! must change!! :D

anothergunnut
10-29-2006, 2:57 PM
I'm not sure it isn't a field grade from the CMP. The "minty bore" is meaningless hype. Almost all of the CMP rifles will have a shiny bore since they received proper cleaning after use. It is the throat erosion and muzzle wear that make the grade. Although the wood is in good shape, it is beech so it is probably a greek return.

chickenfried
10-29-2006, 3:09 PM
Did the CMP every have field grade HRA's?

icormba
10-29-2006, 4:54 PM
it is beech so it is probably a greek return.
That's a birch stock. ;) but you are right, it could be a Greek.

Did the CMP every have field grade HRA's?
Yes, a couple years back but they called them rack grade ;)