PDA

View Full Version : Fn 5.7

fred40
10-15-2006, 10:37 PM
does anyone have one? where do they sell it around los angeles?

leelaw
10-15-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.apt401.com/fn57iom.jpg

Nope, never heard of it before. :D

I dunno where to get them near LA - call around to various shops and ask.

slocum
10-16-2006, 6:18 AM
I'm not in SoCal so i don't care about getting one down there. What I would like to know is whether the ammo is long for this world. I've seen talk on other boards that this stuff may be going the way of the dinosaur.

It's a fun gun to shoot - dead level shooter at almost any range you might choose to visit with it. A little pricey in every respect too, but still fun.

s

Icarus
10-16-2006, 7:50 AM
Turners in Fountain Valley had some about six weeks ago. If they are out ask them to check the warehouse.

wildcard
10-16-2006, 8:47 AM
Considered buying one a year ago when I saw them at Gunrunners in Duarte.

This is outside the scope of your post, but I decided against buying one. The more research I did on the gun and caliber the less impressed I became. This of course had much to do with what we can have as a civilian and California resident.

In a nutshell:
You can not have a normal capacity magazine
The ammo is expensive (for a handgun)
The ammo can get will NOT penetrate armour
No night sights were available (don't know about now)

Thats just me though. So when it comes down to it.. you'll be buying a flat shooting paper puncher which isn't neccessarily a bad thing depending on what you're buying it for.

rips31
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM

This is outside the scope of your post, but I decided against buying one. The more research I did on the gun and caliber the less impressed I became. This of course had much to do with what we can have as a civilian and California resident.

In a nutshell:

Thats just me though. So when it comes down to it.. you'll be buying a flat shooting paper puncher which isn't neccessarily a bad thing depending on what you're buying it for.
to respond to the misinformed above:

1. as a (non-leo) kalifornisatan resident, you can't have normal cap mags for guns that have std mags that hold in excess of 10rd, so this really isn't a problem.
2. ammo is cheap compared to hydrashok and the other 'premium defensive' ammo. considering that the 5.7 ammo sold is the equivalent of premium defensive ammo, 5.7 ammo is cheaper (and you can practice w/what you keep for defence, so all the better).
3. it penetrates level 2 vests. of course, most non-leo kalifornisatan residents won't be carrying and shooting at ppl with armour, so i can't see how this is applicable.
4. yes, you can. they've been available for more than a year. fnh has also just announced fixed combat sights, most likely available also avail w/ns.

oh, yea, and i own a couple of fivesevens. and yes, i'd trust my life to them. soory, wish i knew where to get them from. prob better off finding a great deal online and having it shipped.

luvtolean
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
A FiveseveN isn't at the top of my list right now (but it working its way up there as I cross off stuff above it) but I think it's a fascinating concept and gun.

I handled one and it is very "plasticky", but it seems like it'd be fun to shoot.

Caliber arguments aside, almost everyone I know that's shot one enjoyed it.

This round has actually been around for quite a while. It's not going away. In fact, lately the price of ammo has been steadily coming down as there is more available.

Sydwaiz
10-16-2006, 12:33 PM
I just want one for shooting toasters! :p

ivanimal
10-16-2006, 12:38 PM

In a nutshell:

I reload and yes you can have all the speed that it was intended to have. I have never owned a lighter gun with more power and less recoil. I know it sounds too good to be true but it is. As long as the keep making the Five Seven and the PS90 we will see them making ammo. I believe this link will provide you with info on the available tritium night sights ( I almost typed sites for Osmiley:D ) http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/hg_fnp_series.htm
Other than the 10 round limit which does suck, just reloading takes away most arguments against. I love mine.

VeryCoolCat
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Sharpshooters over in torrance had one last time I went there (some while ago). They do deal with that weapon and its ammo commonly, I always hear someone mention yea they ordered it.

They are a little expensive, but they usually have what the other shops don't. They can also order you most anything you need and have a PAY HALF NOW, PAY HALF LATER policy.

That way you pay half.... 10 days later... pay the rest.

bonjing
10-16-2006, 1:31 PM
check out http://fivesevenforum.com/

Recon
10-16-2006, 5:40 PM
I have seen it at Martin B. Retting (Culver City) for about $800. I have seen ammo at Turners (Redondo Beach), price unknown but very limited.

No offense to anybody, but I wouldn't choose it as my primary pistol. Give me a 1911 instead.

xenophobe
10-16-2006, 6:58 PM
We sell 50 rounds of 5.7x28 for $22.95.

Compared to any other centerfire handgun cartridge, it is a bit more expensive, but it's still cheaper than a box of quality self defense ammo.

Blue
10-16-2006, 7:50 PM
We sell 50 rounds of 5.7x28 for $22.95.

Compared to any other centerfire handgun cartridge, it is a bit more expensive, but it's still cheaper than a box of quality self defense ammo.

Cheaper than the $19.99 I paid for 20 rounds of 40cal Hydra-Shok :eek:

leelaw
10-16-2006, 8:06 PM
Cheaper than the $19.99 I paid for 20 rounds of 40cal Hydra-Shok :eek:

Ouch. We sell 50rds of SS195LF or SS197SR for that much :eek:

Latin Railroader
10-16-2006, 8:12 PM
Hey if you live close to Compton go to Compton indoor shooting rang on Long beach blvd and Rosecrans I bought mine about 3 month ago for 900 out the door and if they donít have it they will order it for you or any other kali legal gun u want

Dont Tread on Me
10-16-2006, 8:27 PM
I just want one for shooting toasters! :p

Fellow BSG fan! I want one with the little rocket launcher they get on that show as modeled so well by Grace Park.

Could not find an image with Grace in it but you get the idea
http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/thumb/7/71/Sidearm_Flightofthephoenix.JPG/800px-Sidearm_Flightofthephoenix.JPG

Icarus
10-16-2006, 9:28 PM
Outdoor Marksmen has 50 rounds for19.95 plus shipping from west coast warehouse.