PDA

View Full Version : Gun Safe delivery question

Cowboy Tom
03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Starting to look to upgrade my store bought safe. Looking for something that would have to be delivered and possibly setup in the house with a dial lock.
My question: is the combination sealed somehow or do the delivery people have access to it.
Thanks for any help.

WWDHD?
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I know that the local Liberty safe store will set up your safe and combo in your house for about $250-$300. This is pretty reasonable, especially if you have lots of stairs. Don't know what other stores/online retailers do. The electronic locks are easy to set yourself. The dial locks can be done yourself but I just picked a number set and had the guy at the place I bought from set it for me and then I started yelling random numbers at him until he forgot MY combo. I'm sure that worked.

macey109
03-10-2011, 1:34 PM
when delivered I was asked to punch it in......

zinfull
03-10-2011, 1:37 PM
My Sturdy safe had a present combo and a hex key in order to change the combo to your preference.

jerry

Hot Brass
03-10-2011, 2:34 PM
I set my combo before I left the shop, they wanted to be sure that I did it right. They don`t know my combo. I drove 65 miles home and a skinny neighbor helped me set the safe in place. 1200lbs, monster.

lewdogg21
03-11-2011, 7:38 AM
My electronic lock had a default combo like 1,2,3,4 or something and then you set it yourself.

socalsteve
03-24-2011, 1:55 PM
I bought a safe from a Safe Store & had it delivered cause it weighed 3800 lbs empty.

It was all set up and leveled (very important with a very heavy door) so the door doesn't swing closed.

At the very end one of the guys had me write the numbers I wanted it set to on a small peice of paper than he took out a small wrench and set the new combo and handed mt the paper back. He was bonded and only he & I saw the numbers.

Casual_Shooter
03-24-2011, 2:05 PM
I purchased my safe from a local safe company who also delivered and installed it.

It came with a default pre-set combination (dial lock) and I was asked what combination I wanted him to change it to.