PDA

View Full Version : 50's Remington 512 Sportmaster

One78Shovel
03-09-2011, 8:19 PM
Got this rifle from a neighbor years ago in a package deal with a Swede M96 Mauser.

It's a 50's era Remington 512 Sportmaster in fair/good condition. The wood is really nice but there is some pitting on the receiver and barrel.

Let me tell you, this is one very accurate bolt action rifle and a lot of fun to shoot.

Have not seen many in auctions. Anyone know the bottom and top range these rifles bring on the market? Not that I want to sell, just curious is all.

Thanks
-178S

LiberalShooter
05-31-2011, 8:35 PM
I cleaned up and shot a friend's Sportmaster 512 over the weekend, and it was indeed a fun gun to shoot. I was surprised at how accurate it was at the indoor range and was making very tight groups at 25 yds (indoor range's max).

I found this thread while trolling for someone selling one of these cool guns. I did find one listing on GunBroker for $125 with an old scope, a sling, and a bipod. I haven't done a lot of searching yet, but was able to find one for sale. Here's the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=231030884

If you are ever interested in selling, let me know. I'm in the Orange County area. Thanks.

LiberalShooter
05-31-2011, 8:35 PM
I cleaned up and shot a friend's Sportmaster 512 over the weekend, and it was indeed a fun gun to shoot. I was surprised at how accurate it was at the indoor range and was making very tight groups at 25 yds (indoor range's max).

I found this thread while trolling for someone selling one of these cool guns. I did find one listing on GunBroker for $125 with an old scope, a sling, and a bipod. I haven't done a lot of searching yet, but was able to find one for sale. Here's the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=231030884

If you are ever interested in selling, let me know. I'm in the Orange County area. Thanks.

Jeepers
05-31-2011, 8:43 PM
I have a 511 that was my first gun from my pops , most accurate .22 i have ever owned and will not part with it untill i pass it down to my kids ... as far as value goes i would guess in the 150-200 range for a fair condition , but its been years since i have even seen one in a pawn shop ...

One78Shovel
05-31-2011, 9:20 PM
If I ever got rid of the 512 I think my wife and kids would get rid of me. lol

-178S