PDA

View Full Version : DOH! COE showed up before the C&R License

AYEAREFIFTEEN
10-13-2006, 2:59 PM
Well, I got my Certificate of Eligibility in the mail yesterday and no C&R license yet. I mailed the C&R paperwork off about 10 days before the COE. Apparently the ATF is behind.

One question I have though, what the hell does this COE do for me without a C&R other than possibly bypass the one hand gun per month rule?

luvtolean
10-13-2006, 3:02 PM
Well, I got my Certificate of Eligibility in the mail yesterday and no C&R license yet. I mailed the C&R paperwork off about 10 days before the COE. Apparently the ATF is behind.

Dang, that blows.

I want to mail order a rifle, but I haven't changed my addy on my C&R yet. I have the forms sitting next to me filled out, but it sounds like it's gonna take a while.

Hope they don't sell out. :(

Dump1567
10-13-2006, 8:21 PM
other than possibly bypass the one hand gun per month rule?

I don't think it even does that unless you have a C&R to go with it.

I am a collector of firearms and I want to purchase a pair of consecutively-numbered pistols. Does the one-handgun-per-30-day restriction apply?

No. If you possess a valid federal Curio Relics Collector's license and a valid California Certificate of Eligibility, you are exempt from the one-handgun-per-30-day restriction.

(PC section 12072(a)(9)(x))

AYEAREFIFTEEN
10-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't think it even does that unless you have a C&R to go with it.

I guess I can make some photo copies and use it for kindling. :p

jdberger
10-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Without the C&R, the COE does squat. Same thing happenned to me. COE came back in 10 days. C&R took 5 months.................

Dump1567
10-14-2006, 8:02 AM
You could always get a job at a gun shop that requires a COE. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif

AYEAREFIFTEEN
01-16-2007, 7:19 AM
Well, I finally got my C&R license a few weeks ago and...

They spelled my last name wrong. :confused:

I don't understand why they require your driver's license and social security information if they aren't going to use it to check your identity.

I wonder if this will be another 3 month process to correct the problem. :(

thedrickel
01-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, I finally got my C&R license a few weeks ago and...

They spelled my last name wrong. :confused:

I don't understand why they require your driver's license and social security information if they aren't going to use it to check your identity.

I wonder if this will be another 3 month process to correct the problem. :(

They made a mistake on my address, it took a few calls to reach someone who could help but after that I had my fixed license in less than 10 days.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
01-17-2007, 7:54 PM
They made a mistake on my address, it took a few calls to reach someone who could help but after that I had my fixed license in less than 10 days.

That gives me a little better outlook on the situation. Thankfully there hasn't been anything out there that I feel like i've missed out on since I got the license.