View Full Version : What is a svt-40 Tokarev worth?

10-13-2006, 11:01 AM
What is a svt-40 Tokarev worth?

I have a 1941 SVT-40 from the Izhevsk plant and depot rebuilt that I am considering selling. It is in 75% condition apart from the bore, which is in pretty bad shape. I have been trying to get it cleaned out, but I have little hope that it will be in great shape. I picked it up at the Del Mar gun show twelve or so years ago, I only bought it because I had a couple of tins of ammo at home and I thought it looked interesting. I do not remember ever shooting it. I do not have any of the tools or accessories, but I think I may have an extra magazine.

10-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Probably in mid-to-high $600.
Magazine along will fetch you around $60. Prices on them are going up like crazy, like with any WW2 stuff....

10-13-2006, 11:30 AM
On the SVT-40, if the bore is corroded then so may be the gas system..Replacemt Bores and Gas systems are impossbile to get.

Check the gas system and give it a good cleaning.

The SVT-40 is a fine weapon, rate of fire is very good with loading ammo via strippers.

10-13-2006, 1:50 PM
As mentioned above... prices are from $400-$800ish depending on condition.

10-13-2006, 9:22 PM
$400? :eek: Not on this coast. And rarely anywhere else unless they don't know current values. Bore condition rarely plays much of a part in making that price decrease, but excellent bores are rare and add value.

Refurbs are over $600, non-import marked mismatch Finn Captures (SA) are $750+, and matching Finn captures are edging quickly to $1K!

If your spare mag is also an original and not a repro, add another $130 based on current eBay sales.

10-14-2006, 10:09 AM
This is what I have found. After three days of cleaning the barrel, it is not as bad as I thought. I would call it to be in poor condition, lands and groves are there but not crisp, slightly oversize, dark and pitted but useable in my opinion. Surprisingly the gas system is in good shape. I also did not find any “SA” markings any where. I have decided to sell it, not because of the condition but more need for some cash. I was more concerned about the condition of the bore in the selling factor. But from the responses that is not a major issue. So, if any of you guys know of someone that might be interested, or know of a site I should advertise it on I would appreciate it.

Michael bigugly@att.net