PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kestryll, you taking donations?

BamBam-31
10-13-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm sure guys here will be more than willing to help offset your costs. It's the least we can do. You take Paypal? Personal checks? Food stamps? Let us know, eh? :)

And thanks again for keeping the light on around here. ;)

ivanimal
10-13-2006, 8:43 AM
I could also send you some reloads.:D

Kestryll
10-13-2006, 8:57 AM
Once things are changed over and I know how much things have cost I will make a post about donations and favorite calibers. ;)

My Wife had an idea I liked, she suggested putting a cap on what people can donate, say 10, 15 or 20 per person max. I like it because while I know Calgunners are generous I wouldn't want anyone overextending themselves and it makes it more of community effort rather than one or two people.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate all the offers of help, both technical and financial. It is this spirit that makes keeping Calguns alive essential.

Santa Cruz Armory
10-13-2006, 4:37 PM
I could also send you some reloads.:D

I'll take some charity reloads...:D

azn_wrx
10-13-2006, 9:05 PM
it would be an interesting idea if you made like a cafe press or other store front selling calguns.net merchandise such as t-shirts. Exactly now much profit you make I am not sure because I have never set up one of these. Im not sure how much of a demand there would be but I would be in for one.

Tweak338
10-13-2006, 10:34 PM
that sounds like a good idea..

i could use a new hat

adamsreeftank
10-14-2006, 2:39 AM
I like the merchandise idea also.

You can raise money to run the site, and also get some free advertising at the same time. How about some t-shirts?

FrankG
10-16-2006, 8:29 PM
actually make like a contest to design a shirt or something....all proceeds go to calguns.

El Barto
10-17-2006, 1:00 PM
What about some sort of ammo-donation/recycle system. What I mean is: Say I just found my leftovers of 7.62x54R right after I sold my M38. There are only 25 or so rounds left and I want them to go to a good cause. I donate them to you, and you sell them to other members for a good price. To cut down on shipping fees and storage, I keep the ammo and send them to the "buyer" when they make a donation to.

In essence, I am giving my 25 rounds to someone in exchange for them to make a donation to you. All you would have to do is keep a listing of who has what.

Sample pm exchange:

Joe: "John, do you still have those 14 rounds of 9mm"?
John: "I sure do. If you want them, donate $2 to Calguns and I'll bring them to Angeles next time we go".

I'm sure everyone has the odd lots of ammo sitting around. And technically, you aren't selling them.

chris
10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
you can count me in for a few bucks.

tenpercentfirearms
10-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Here is a reminder of the raffle thread. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37631

Why not donate $20 and have a chance of winning something every month?

Spiggy
10-21-2006, 7:37 PM
not what if the winner isnt old enough for a pistol :confused:

Tweak338
10-27-2006, 12:36 AM
not what if the winner isnt old enough for a pistol :confused:
+1
how about a complete lower?

tenpercentfirearms
10-27-2006, 5:37 AM
How about something new every month? How about if you don't want it, you get the cash value instead? We could make this all sorts of fun.

Santa Cruz Armory
10-29-2006, 6:52 AM
How about something new every month? How about if you don't want it, you get the cash value instead? We could make this all sorts of fun.

I think this is a great idea, I'd be down to play. But make the raffle tix like 5 or 10 bucks each, 20 is a little harder to part with and explain....:D

pogo
11-05-2006, 2:32 PM
A raffle per month sounds like a lot of work for admin, but as for a donation or whatever I'm in.

Hey this quick reply box works for me now, first time ever!

tman
11-24-2006, 5:15 PM
I was just going to suggest a raffle. Sounds like a nice idea.