View Full Version : SBR?

03-08-2011, 10:56 PM
my mind is sizzled from reading all the AW rules and i think i confused myself. if i was to buy the following stock for my 10/22, does it have to be pinned?

i ask because it meets the 16in barrel requirement but i'm pretty sure it won't meet the OAL requirement when the stock is collapsed.

A short-barreled rifle means a rifle having a barrel length of less than 16 inches or an overall length
of less than 26 inches; any weapon made from a rifle which meets the barrel length or overall length
criteria; any device which may be restored to fire a fixed cartridge and which meets the barrel length
or overall length criteria; or any part or combination of parts designed and intended to convert a
device into a short-barreled rifle or which would permit an individual to readily assemble a shortbarreled
rifle. (Penal Code 12020(c)(2).)

the "or" is really throwing me off here.

03-08-2011, 11:02 PM
If, when it is folded, the OAL is <26", is it an SBR per CA law. federal law allows for the measurement to be taken with the stock in its longest configuration, but case law in CA has determined that the measurement be done when folded.

if it has a <16" barrel, OR is <26" OAL, it is an SBR. That means if either of them fit, then it is an SBR.

03-08-2011, 11:13 PM
i think it should read "and/or" for better clarification.