View Full Version : Whats the little blurb at the end

10-11-2006, 7:22 AM
Filled out my C&R and will be mailing it out today. Im at work - not doing work - typing up a short cover letter to add in with the application. What does the little excerpt at the end say - that is meant for the CLEO - about no action required on their end... etc etc. Im wanting to throw some of that verbage in my letter

10-11-2006, 7:48 AM
Sending mine in today also. I'm just addressing the CLEO to kern sheriffs and underneath, Mack Wimbish.
No cover letter, nothing inside. They don't need more that they are required to get. If they have a problem, they can read the back of the app. on the instruction page

10-11-2006, 7:53 AM
It's just to notify them. It really has nothing to do with your permit process other than that.

No need to "sell" him, thank goodness. When I got my C&R, I was in a fairly anti-gun city.

10-11-2006, 7:56 AM
Ok, ill just toss on a stamp and send her out when i get home :D

10-11-2006, 5:39 PM
I've been told that it is there so that if the CLEO has any information pertinant to your application then they can send it to the ATF. Like if you are a known gangbanger but haven't been convicted of a felony than having easy access to weapons is probably something they would want to prevent, or if you lived in an area that prevented ownership, etc. Things the ATF wouldn't know by your record, but that they SHOULD know when making the decission. 99% of the time it doesn't effect anything and I've even heard stories of people knowing the CLEO personally and being told that they more or less just throw them away after reviewing them.

10-12-2006, 9:32 AM
After I sent mine off... I noticed the SJPD helicopter fly-by's became more frequent!! j/k ha-ha ;)

10-12-2006, 9:39 AM
you guys are crazy ..
no wonder I fit in :D

Mailed out my forms yesterday.. now the waiting game begins. Heck this makes the 10 wait not seem so bad - DOH