PDA

View Full Version : Remington Model 522 Viper, Any Good?

speeedracerr
03-07-2011, 1:53 PM
Anyone here have a Remington Viper 522 Rifle and if so... Is it any good? I have a chance to pick up a second hand for $100.

It looks like a great quality rifle but wanted some info as to the performance any FTE, FTF problems etc. Thanks.

swifty
03-07-2011, 2:07 PM
Run Forrest! RUN!!

speeedracerr
03-07-2011, 2:11 PM
Run Forrest! RUN!!

:confused: Is it really that bad?

swifty
03-07-2011, 2:31 PM
Remington might, maybe, acknowledge they made this gun and put their name on it. Pretty much considered obsolete. The ejectors were prone for breakage and replacement required replacing the entire trigger group. A redesign of the ejector came out that required a drill and tap to install. Now those are obsolete. The last I heard was that the last of the magazines had been purchased by another company and the price is $50.00.

speeedracerr
03-07-2011, 3:12 PM
Remington might, maybe, acknowledge they made this gun and put their name on it. Pretty much considered obsolete. The ejectors were prone for breakage and replacement required replacing the entire trigger group. A redesign of the ejector came out that required a drill and tap to install. Now those are obsolete. The last I heard was that the last of the magazines had been purchased by another company and the price is $50.00.

WoW thats insane!!! $50 for magazines??? I guess I may have to pass this offer up. Thanks for the insight.

Oceanbob
03-07-2011, 3:25 PM
WoW thats insane!!! $50 for magazines??? I guess I may have to pass this offer up. Thanks for the insight.

I had a viper..it ran great. Sold it for whatever....

I will sell these mags 2 for 40 bucks.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mrcsvd.jpg

speeedracerr
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I had a viper..it ran great. Sold it for whatever....

I will sell these mags 2 for 40 bucks.

Money Order is in the mail... ;)

Maybe the magazine will be an incentive for me to buy the rifle just to have. Thanks.

locosway
03-08-2011, 3:08 AM
Anyone here have a Remington Viper 522 Rifle and if so... Is it any good? I have a chance to pick up a second hand for $100.

It looks like a great quality rifle but wanted some info as to the performance any FTE, FTF problems etc. Thanks.

OMG!

This was my first rifle!

I got it when I was 12 I think. Man, good times... I shot the crap out of it all over the Sierra Nevada mountains. I never once cleaned it and it saw heavy use. The bolt was gritty, but she ran like a champ.

I took a bird with it at nearly 100 yards (poor bird, I learned the hard way to not kill unless you're gonna eat it). Very accurate and a blast to shoot. You can't go wrong as far as I'm concerned.

locosway
03-08-2011, 3:09 AM
Also, I still have the magazine for it. It's yours for shipping costs if you end up buying the rifle.

speeedracerr
03-08-2011, 4:25 AM
Also, I still have the magazine for it. It's yours for shipping costs if you end up buying the rifle.

I'll definitely take you up on your offer :D, Thanks a bunch!!! That is very generous of you locosway!!

Let me know what you think shipping cost will be and I can send it to you. I truly appreciate it ;)

BTW: Its official, I've agreed to purchase the rifle from a friend of mines so looking forward to getting it after the 10 days.

Oceanbob
03-08-2011, 4:59 AM
Money Order is in the mail... ;)

Maybe the magazine will be an incentive for me to buy the rifle just to have. Thanks.

Your new mags will go out today.

The viper is a great rifle..Have fun.!

Bob

speeedracerr
03-08-2011, 4:16 PM
And the 10 day wait begins.... :D

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g181/speeedracerr/viper.jpg

locosway
03-08-2011, 4:20 PM
And the 10 day wait begins.... :D

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g181/speeedracerr/viper.jpg

The memories!

Man, I had that rifle with me everywhere. Spent a few weeks up above Placerville looking for an old claim with my grandpa. Good times....