View Full Version : First day with my Beretta Neos U22 - Impressed!

03-05-2011, 5:06 PM
Resisted the temptation of bringing any centerfire guns to the indoor range today and only took my Tacticool Marlin 60 and my new Beretta Neos for a break-in session. In the end, I fired around 500 rounds with both guns.

My initial shots with my Neos were all over the place (to the right, seen in pic), but once I got used to it, my groups got tighter - I was only at 15 and 20 yards, though. I shot Federal and old mix-and-match rounds, which seemed to only give me 3 problems, which cleared very easy. I say, not bad for a brand new gun and popping off 300-400 rounds with. I have 4 Neos magazines, so it all went pretty quick.

First time using the Shoot-N-C's, too. Good stuff!

I did find it difficult, however, with the front sight being black and I was losing my place in the dimly lit range. After I cleaned the gun when I got home, I took some model paint and painted the sight white. Done and done!

BTW, to field strip the gun literally takes 30 seconds.

I'm not entirely in love with the look yet, but function over form ALWAYS for me - and what a great plinker to shoot, especially with the cost of ammo these days.

When I decided on this gun, I was juggling the Ruger MKIII, the Browning BuckMark and the Walther P22. After having the poor clerk at the gun shop go back and forth, pulling each gun out for me to hold and what-not, I am glad I went with the U22. The Ruger and Browning are just a pain to field strip (in comparison) and the Walther grip was way too small. To me, the Neos matched all the criteria I want in a fun rimfire pistol.

03-06-2011, 7:58 PM
Looking forward to my first range trip with my new Neos. Glad to hear you liked yours :)

03-07-2011, 5:32 AM
Glad you liked your Neos. I'll never part with mine!