PDA

View Full Version : Best Bullet Button?

East County
03-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Which is the best bullet button out there? I've read most posts I could find but would like some updated advice. They appear to be a relatively cheap part so I'm not too worried about cost here. Would like the best (Legal) button out there. Thanks for info- For an AR type build.

Baconator
03-05-2011, 1:11 PM
I like the radlock because it is easy to convert to a normal mag release function for out of state shooting.

G1500
03-05-2011, 1:16 PM
I like the radlock because it is easy to convert to a normal mag release function for out of state shooting.

Same here.

My only concern is how few turns it needs to come out to release the mag. I have yet to shoot the rifle, but I don't see a problem.

I guess my paranoia also comes in for someone who wanted to sabotage the rifle and unscrew it (IE. overzealous LEO). But that's neither here nor there and not a legitimate concern I guess.

AlliedArmory
03-05-2011, 1:18 PM
The Raddock seems to be very popular. I have one myself and like it a lot.

http://www.alliedarmory.com/products/Raddlock-Mag%252dLock-Gen%252dX-Blk,-for-AR15,-AR10,-SIG%252d556-%26-XCR.html

missiontrails
03-05-2011, 1:23 PM
Vamfair M.L.D. .......................Hands down. I have used them all, and this one requires NO tool to install, and is 2 position for out of state use..............

evidens83
03-05-2011, 1:36 PM
I use the original Bullet Button. Besides if I need it for out-of-state use I can easily swap it out for the factory mag release(which I keep in my pistol grip) in under a minute.

Sacramento Black Rifle
03-05-2011, 1:40 PM
RADDLOCK!

Predator
03-05-2011, 1:43 PM
Raddlock

Wicked K5
03-05-2011, 1:47 PM
I have a Vamfire. IMHO, you can't go wrong with that or Raddlock, or the original bullet button. Don't forget to add the Thordo Ultimate Bullet Button Tool to your magazines :thumbsup:

Charles4400
03-05-2011, 1:48 PM
Yup I vote Raddlock as well, you only need a small flathead screwdriver to adjust it to operate like a normal mag release out of state istead of a specialized tool, allen wrench etc...

xxINKxx
03-05-2011, 2:20 PM

+1 radlock works awsome.

Same here.

My only concern is how few turns it needs to come out to release the mag. I have yet to shoot the rifle, but I don't see a problem.

I guess my paranoia also comes in for someone who wanted to sabotage the rifle and unscrew it (IE. overzealous LEO). But that's neither here nor there and not a legitimate concern I guess.

On mine you acually have to turn it quite loose to the point the release button is very wobbly feeling to have the mags freely drop out of the lower. If you tighten it snug I doubt shooting will cause it to acually spin loose

CSACANNONEER
03-05-2011, 2:24 PM
I don't like radlocks because, you have to drill out the mag catch rivet. I like Solar Tactical and Assault Planet mag locks better.

BTW, I'm talking AKs. Since the OP did not specify what type of rifle/pistol he wanted a mag lock for, no one can reliably answer his question. Maybe he wanted a mag lock (AKA BB) for a Ruger Charger, Uzi carbine, Mini 14, FAL, MP5, etc?

East County
03-05-2011, 2:40 PM
sorry, AR type

ivsamhell
03-05-2011, 2:43 PM
I like the vamfire freelock.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-497-vamfire-freelock-mini-kit-red.aspx

Joe
03-05-2011, 2:55 PM
I use the original Bullet Button. Besides if I need it for out-of-state use I can easily swap it out for the factory mag release(which I keep in my pistol grip) in under a minute.

I use the classic also. Like it a lot.

missiontrails
03-05-2011, 3:07 PM
The Radlock "hole" was not big enough to allow me to use a bullet head to drop the mag. The Vamfair has the SAME size hole as the classic bullet button, but is 2-position like the Radlock.

762.DEFENSE
03-05-2011, 3:35 PM
This 100%!

crazychinaman
03-05-2011, 5:48 PM
Which is the best bullet button out there? I've read most posts I could find but would like some updated advice. They appear to be a relatively cheap part so I'm not too worried about cost here. Would like the best (Legal) button out there. Thanks for info- For an AR type build.

bullet butten for my .308 ar's

iskra31
03-05-2011, 7:15 PM
Original bullet button with wonder wrench for out of state shooting!

wake5150
03-05-2011, 8:04 PM
The original BB works great for me, that's all I've ever used.

bwiese
03-05-2011, 8:09 PM

This ^^.

Darren also has been a superstar in transitioning folks from the old Prince50 screw-down attachments (and which are no longer recommended due to legal issues) and replaced them with latching BulletButton maglocks.

It only takes a minute to swap a BB for a regular mag catch when in a free state (NV, AZ, OR, etc.)

I see risk of more drama possibly accompanying other designs in contested situations.

Toolbox X
03-05-2011, 8:32 PM
B-16 for the win. Original mag release button. :)