PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper than Dirt

cfc
03-04-2011, 6:37 PM
You've all heard it before but here's one more story:

I didn't know they wouldn't ship ammo to CA, made an order (over $500.00).
They shipped only 10% of it and then informed me I would have to send it back (a week later after already using it) and would not refund my money until they got it back. SOL to me.
Bunch of f***ing crooks

daveinwoodland
03-04-2011, 6:40 PM
And I've found under most circumstances they are anything but cheaper

the_natterjack
03-04-2011, 6:46 PM
Odd, they will ship to me.

What city do you live and do they, your city, restrict ammo purchases?

Brian

CSACANNONEER
03-04-2011, 6:57 PM
Welcome to calguns!

Uriah02
03-04-2011, 7:02 PM
Yea... CTD must be talking about peat or some high quality dirt cause they are not cheap!

GrinderCB
03-04-2011, 7:02 PM
Heard many things about CTD. None of them good. Mail-order houses I've dealt with and had good experiences with would be DD's Ranch, Brownell's, Midway USA and Bravo Company USA, in no particular order. The caveat here is that to date I've never bought ammo by mail-order, just parts and accessories.

rudigan
03-04-2011, 7:14 PM
Odd, they will ship to me.

What city do you live and do they, your city, restrict ammo purchases?

Brian

Just got a bunch of ammo a week and a half ago. Also previously got an email saying they will deliver to CA (after bill failed). They have always been good with me, but yeah shop around for best prices as they change all the time.

resident-shooter
03-04-2011, 7:42 PM
If you want something truly cheap and with a good customer service, go t jgsales or ammoman or maybe aimsurplus. Midway is good for parts/accessories, but ammo is kinda $$$

Albino
03-04-2011, 7:54 PM
All of the ammo I have bought from them, have actually been shipped the fastest than anyone else I have purchased from.

Their prices are definately hit or miss. I always shop around before buying from them. Most of the time there prices are higher, but sometimes they have really good deals.

A couple weeks ago they had OEM Glock 21, 10rnd pistol mags for $18.75; unfortunately I only bought three. When I re-checked a few days later, not only did they raise the price to $27, but were sold out.

I am not trying to promote or defend CTD, but when they have had the cheapest price on something that I wanted to buy; I have not had an issue with them yet on shipping or returns.

Forgot to add... ammo is currently on it's way from them, to me in CA

rudigan
03-04-2011, 8:00 PM
I usually buy from Midway, CTD, or AmmoToGo, depending on the current prices. For example CTD still has Rem Gldn Sabre JHP .380 for $14.79 (25 rounds) and Rem Gldn Sabre JHP .45+p for $16.79 pretty good prices for quality SD ammo.

Tempus
03-04-2011, 8:13 PM
I use SGAmmo. Never had any issues shipping. Usually to my door within 5 business days.

Grayling14
03-05-2011, 2:28 AM
I haven't bought ammo from CTD . . . but that is because I have never found them to be the cheapest. When I want to buy online I look around for the best price(s) at the time for the specific calibers I want. Usually the best prices I find are at PalmettoStateArmory.com, and they have the lowest shipping costs, along with good customer service. I also use AmmunitionToGo.com, and sometimes LuckyGunner.com.

johnthomas
03-05-2011, 2:40 AM
Call them up, tell them you shot up the ammo already. Did you pay with a credit card? If you did, dispute the charge.

Dutch3
03-05-2011, 9:03 AM
I ordered some ammo from CTD a couple of days ago, it is currently enroute via FedEx.

I do shop around, and have found that CTD often has good prices. The main problem seems to be the low-priced items are often sold out.

Blitzburgh
03-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I've purchased over 100 items from CTD and never had an issue. Ever.

biker777
03-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I use whoever has the best prices when I need it.. I have bought several times from them with no issues.