PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a whole forum for gun locks and safes?

thedrickel
10-07-2006, 9:51 PM
Just wondering. . .seems like a waste of server resources and bandwidth, etc.

Santa Cruz Armory
10-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I agree. Gun locks and safes should be discussed in "General Gun Discussion".

Tweak338
10-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Ditto, it should be removed and discussed in general discussion

icormba
10-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Why? it doesn't cost anymore, add any extra bandwidth, nor take up any extra server resources if it's moved or if it stays.

Lots of people in the past have asked questions about safes and locks... which is why I think it's there?

Tweak338
10-08-2006, 12:14 AM
it should be romoved more because it is less used.. and it can fit right into the other catagories above it.. It kinda makes the forum look less active because it is another catagory that is less used

m1371
10-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I say leave it be.

If someone is looking for info about locks and/or safes they'll be able to go right to the section where the info is.

They might not know to do a search through the General Discussion area to find what they are looking for.

Just my thoughts, for what it's worth.

Tweak338
10-08-2006, 12:42 AM
meh i guess your right.. doesnt hurt.. besides im a newbie still... my opinions don't count:D

paradox
10-08-2006, 6:28 AM
I think it is there because of the California law that says guns need to be locked up if you have a reasonable chance of a minor getting their grubby paws on them. Since the state mandates locks and safes, it is nice to have those topics all huddled together in their own forum.

Black_Talon
10-08-2006, 5:33 PM
Since the state mandates locks and safes, it is nice to have those topics all huddled together in their own forum.

I agree, but would also add that having a safe is a "must", whether the PRK requires it or not. Even if you have insurance on your collection, and don't care if it gets stolen, there's no sense making it easier for thieves to steal them and have them end up in the hands of some scrote on the street.

bwiese
10-09-2006, 2:49 PM
Given that safes/locks are a notable part of CA firearm law - as well as a key gun safety concept, where appropriate - a separate forum for these entities is as valid as the rifle, shotgun and handgun categories.

Frankly I think this board needs an ammo & reloading thread and an optics thread as those are independent entities as well.

metalhead357
10-09-2006, 4:36 PM
and add a survival forum:p

metalhead357
10-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Edit: Bill and Metalhead: the above jokes are not meant personally. Very possibly Bill doesn't like Glocks, and metalhead doesn't drink pinot while sitting in a hot-tub. They are illustrations for a general point.

No offense taken:) I hear ya' but disagree; way too many sites out there for survival things that simply do not relate to survival in Cali; Dont reall think I'll need either a assualt wheel barrow or a fast track dog sled here in state!!!!! Would love to discuss items that we CAN ACTUALLY GET into this state then get all hot & bothered over item xyz only to find they cant/wont ship to cal.............

luvtolean
10-11-2006, 7:43 AM
I'd like to see the reloading and optics.

This forum may be Cali specific, but it's the only gun forum I go to.

The safes part is a no brainer, not just important to Californians, it should be important to all gun owners.

Even though I'm not currently shopping for a safe, there is some really great info in there, that is easily found.