PDA

View Full Version : The 'Osama Special' off-list rifle....

Hopi
10-07-2006, 8:41 AM
Has anybody put together a fixed-mag or grip-less Krinkov kit yet? I'm pretty sure you'd have to pin the folding stock, and add a fake can or long muzzle device to bring the barr. to 16".

I would really like to add one to my "new millenium warfare" collection, you know, an M4 clone, an M-14, an AK-47, and the 'osama special' Krinkov.
Maybe something like the rifle in the middle....
http://www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/images/gallery/46.jpg

Anybody have any ideas regarding barrel extension options?

double_action
10-07-2006, 9:00 AM
They make fake cans for just these kind of builds, I can't remember where I saw it though, Red Jacket Firearms maybe.

insin
10-07-2006, 9:05 AM
They look really pretty, especially without the barrel extension. I would be too worried though living in California with one.

Hopi
10-07-2006, 9:14 AM
They look really pretty, especially without the barrel extension. I would be too worried though living in California with one.

Worried about what? That lots of people will want to shoot it and waste all of your ammo?:)

laabstract
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM

I dont know why your so scared its legal, you know it. So keep on shooting.

JHC
10-07-2006, 3:00 PM
Copes sells the fake cans you need to get the barrel to 16" for $65
http://www.copesdist.com/images/m92%20Barrel%20Extension.jpg

You will still need to make the stock fixed-open to get to 30 in overall length and pin the mag to keep the PG unless you disable the gas system

PS. I beleive the Krink Osama usually has pictured with him has an AK74 style side folding stock, not underfolder

fal_762x51
10-07-2006, 3:36 PM
The Osama special, IIRC, is the Ak74SU with the GP25/30 granade launcher.

wayoutwest
10-07-2006, 7:23 PM
The krink is a build I want to do, I love the triangle, side folder stock but the kits are running $400-$600 bucks.

Way to much money unless you can SBR it.

insin
10-07-2006, 8:47 PM
That underfolder just makes things more complicated. Not only can you not go PG'less (not like you would want to shoot one of these PG'less anyways) but you have to Pin the mag some how. Ak's are not much fun loading through the ejection port. After my first build, I decided to put the second on hold due to diminishing return. Dont get me wrong, UF's are very cool in their native form, but when you're done jumping through all the hoops to make them legal, they aren't really that great.Not like their fixed stock counterparts