PDA

View Full Version : Sales Section Question

farias4000
03-03-2011, 2:43 PM
As you can see I have had my postings merged (yes by same person everyone else complains about): http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=400973

I don't like this at all but if that's what they want I don't mind HOWEVER, is there a way to lock the thread from others replying? I couldn't find anything more annoying that the fact that for every post there's a reply (because many don't read the rules as any interested parties should reply via PM apposed to replying through the thread).

Now to post a new ad seems like they want it all in one post. So if I have to post a new sale in the same thread, it is disturbing that you have to go ALLLLLLLLLLL the way down just to see the new listing in one single thread.

Can someone help or recommend whois best to talk to about a feature request and to complain about the person moving / deleting my ads.

Thanks for all the help.

Baconator
03-03-2011, 2:45 PM
When someone posts a question, you can answer it via pm and then update the original post. The issue is every time you answer, you bump your thread. When you edit the OP, it doesn't bump it.

farias4000
03-03-2011, 2:46 PM
But where's the control for others replying? They bump it on their own. Figured sharing what I missed would be helpful for others. But yes now I know bumping in that manor is unfair I acknowledge that. But cannot justify why would I have a 32 thread reply for maybe 4-5 items I am selling. Which title shows a shotgun for sale but search for 700 barrel pulls something else and may lose the opportunity for someone to buy what they are looking for. I don't understand why this is happening.

Baconator
03-03-2011, 3:30 PM
But where's the control for others replying? They bump it on their own. Figured sharing what I missed would be helpful for others. But yes now I know bumping in that manor is unfair I acknowledge that. But cannot justify why would I have a 32 thread reply for maybe 4-5 items I am selling. Which title shows a shotgun for sale but search for 700 barrel pulls something else and may lose the opportunity for someone to buy what they are looking for. I don't understand why this is happening.

If you are talking about listing firearms and firearms parts in the same ad, then no you can't do that. There are two separate forums for firearms and parts. No one is going to delete your post if you list the right item in the right forum and don't bump the thread by answering questions. There is no control to stop people from replying, but if every time you get a question you answer it via PM and adjust the OP to reflect what was being asked, then you should get less questions. When you sell something, ask yourself what you would want to know about the item if you were trying to buy it and list all of those things.

You get to bump your thread every 24 hours. If someone is looking for what you are selling, they will find it in the forum where it should be sold. I don't often use search to find things I am looking to buy, but rather skim the forum for the firearm or part I am looking for.