PDA

View Full Version : Millett LRS 6-25x56 with Illumination vs. Vortex 6.5-20x50 Mil-Dot

Aleong1967
03-02-2011, 9:11 PM
Hi fellow CalGunners, I am in the process of building an AR 10 308 semi-auto rifle. It's a POF Gen III lower, PRS stock, Timney trigger, Harris Bipod (6-9") with notched legs, and a DPMS 24" Stainless steel barrel with forward assist and dust cover with free float tube.

Since I have put a good deal of funds into this project (when I shouldn't have :D) and don't have a lot of funds left over for a great/expensive scope, I was looking to spend about $400-500.00 on a decent scope, instead of waiting several more months before I could use my rifle at the range.

It will mainly be used for long range target, but realistically, since I new to the sport it will take me some time to get more than 400-500 yards anytime soon, but would like to have the ability to do so, without having to buy another scope.

The 2 scopes that I have been looking at are the Millett LRS 6-25x56 with Illumination (MOA) at Optics Planet for $429.95 with free shipping and Vortex 6.5-20x50 Mil-Dot at Liberty Optics for $459.99, unknown shipping. but I don't think it would be too much.

Any suggestions on scope ring height that would work for either scope?

Any input or other scope suggestions would be greatly appreciated.