PDA

View Full Version : Second Guessing Membership in CRPA...

hawg09
03-01-2011, 8:37 PM
I've been a yearly member for a little bit and decided to join as a Life member. I chose the quarterly payment plan and wanted to know if the Front Sight benefit for signing up would come now or when the final payment was made. I emailed the website and left a phone message for them to contact me...no response! Now I'm thinking, am I going to pay for membership when they can't even respond back????? Seriously considering just making that first quarter payment as a donation since a canceled check fee is ridiculous. They may fight for gun rights, but they sure don't communicate with their membership. Just my .02

d4v0s
03-01-2011, 8:45 PM
how long ago did you leave the email and phone message, I would be more pissed if an organization actually paid to staff a phone bank and answered questions all day long, if they are getting things done and expanding gun rights why are you ticked?

Baconator
03-01-2011, 8:47 PM
how long ago did you leave the email and phone message, I would be more pissed if an organization actually paid to staff a phone bank and answered questions all day long, if they are getting things done and expanding gun rights why are you ticked?

I would agree with this, much rather the money go toward fighting the fight not for customer service. Best customer service is getting stupid bills thrown out.

hawg09
03-01-2011, 9:01 PM
About a week ago....they leave a an email form for you to fill out for contact and a message on their voicemail that they would get back to you. Just common communication courtesy.

Steyrlp10
03-01-2011, 9:04 PM
I've been a yearly member for a little bit and decided to join as a Life member. I chose the quarterly payment plan and wanted to know if the Front Sight benefit for signing up would come now or when the final payment was made. I emailed the website and left a phone message for them to contact me...no response! Now I'm thinking, am I going to pay for membership when they can't even respond back????? Seriously considering just making that first quarter payment as a donation since a canceled check fee is ridiculous. They may fight for gun rights, but they sure don't communicate with their membership. Just my .02

Would you be comfortable in giving me your full name and CRPA number? I'm happy to try to help you check the status of the Front Sight promo offer if you like.

Please let me know via PM. Thank you.

hawg09
03-01-2011, 9:39 PM
I stand corrected! Steyrlp10 was nice enough to help...thanks!

Steyrlp10
03-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I stand corrected! Steyrlp10 was nice enough to help...thanks!

You're welcome :)

Again, sorry don't know what's going on, but am happy to try to find out for you. I appreciate your patience and thank you for upgrading to Life.

Stay tuned to this channel!

trautert
03-05-2011, 10:16 AM
CRPA's front and back office operations have only just moved into the 20th century, let alone the 21st. I too would prefer instant responses, but that takes money which is better spent fighting for the cause.

While admittedly frustrating now, it is a vast improvement over what it was when I became a life member a decade or so ago.

Tom

greasemonkey
03-05-2011, 5:34 PM
Sounds frustrating to not hear back but I'm definitely glad to know they're putting most of their effort into fighting bad legislation. Their track record/list of accomplishments speaks for itself, you may want to give them a second chance and not write them off too quickly.
Steyrlp10, thanks for taking care of the situation.

RickyB
03-07-2011, 7:13 PM
Not that I really give a crap, but I bought some sort of membership from them about 15 days ago, and aside from the purchase acknowledgement, haven't seen a thing in my mail box. Aren't I at least supposed to get a cute little plastic card with my order?.......:rolleyes:

greasemonkey
03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Not that I really give a crap, but I bought some sort of membership from them about 15 days ago, and aside from the purchase acknowledgement, haven't seen a thing in my mail box. Aren't I at least supposed to get a cute little plastic card with my order?.......:rolleyes:

Seems like it took about two or three weeks to get the literature when I got my 5 year membership, now I need to just buckle down and get a Life Membership like I did with SAF a while ago.

oaklander
03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
CRPA is changing a LOT of things on the back end. I know this because I am one of the folks who is helping make that happen. As has been mentioned - some things may change slower than we want - simply due to the fact that previous budgets are in place already to do existing pro 2A work.

I'm terrible with money - so I actually don't know the budget stuff (so I am guessing on the above). . .

:D

I realize that the technology eventually makes the pro 2A work easier and more effective, but please give CRPA a little room to make the changes that we need. You will not be disappointed!!!

ALSO - keep watching this space (this sub forum) - we are planning some really cool and fun events. BUT - they will also be great place to meet other gun rights advocates - so they will be both fun and useful!!!!

RickyB
03-27-2011, 6:34 PM
Real kwik question Oaklander----what do I get for my yearly Business membership? 'Cuz quite honestly I barely read their Home Page before I joined. Also since I have a family that is now getting into shooting, did I screw up by not getting the Family Plan thing?....

Thanx,

Rick

oaklander
03-27-2011, 8:18 PM
Let me check. I'm the "new kid on the block" over there, so I don't know off the top of my head - but I will find out!!!!

:)

Real kwik question Oaklander----what do I get for my yearly Business membership? 'Cuz quite honestly I barely read their Home Page before I joined. Also since I have a family that is now getting into shooting, did I screw up by not getting the Family Plan thing?....

Thanx,

Rick

RickyB
03-27-2011, 8:43 PM
No worries, mate, I'll do some more research later this week to see just what the hell kind of club I signed up for........:D

oaklander
03-28-2011, 12:07 AM
LOL - well - they have ME on their Board of Directors - so at least we know they have a sense of humor!!!

But seriously, we have some fun stuff planned. Me and Brandon and some other folks you probably know, are on the "outreach committee" - or as I like the call it -- "the ministry of fun."

We've basically been tasked with coming up with fun events that will bring California gun owners together. And the nice thing is that even though the events will be designed to be fun - they are also a great way to network with other people who are passionate about our rights. . .

:D

No worries, mate, I'll do some more research later this week to see just what the hell kind of club I signed up for........:D

Steyrlp10
03-28-2011, 12:29 PM
We're on Calguns, so having a sense of humor is pretty obvious ;)

RickyB
03-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Unfortunately I live in Hell-A, where The Barrio meets the Sea......:D