PDA

View Full Version : AR Upper Designed for Stripper-Clips a Possibility?

dhl
10-03-2006, 5:25 PM
Hello,

I was just wondering if it is possible for an AR manufacturer (or someone at home with a workbench and tools) to make an AR upper with a top opening for a stripper-clip guide and cartridges to fit through just like on the M14?

If we in California are now going to be officially allowed to keep our 10-round ARs I wonder how long it will be before a company or individual come's up with a new stripper-clip compatable upper? I would think the market is here to make financially feasible this type of evolution of the AR upper.

Is this design even possible?

DULLYJAY
10-03-2006, 5:31 PM
I think the gas system will get in the way.

shinigami
10-03-2006, 5:50 PM
say hello to my "no breaking open the receiver to load my fixed mag AR" rifle, I call it the FMLD (Fixed Mag Loading Device).

Will show it here in detail soon......

http://simple-photos.smugmug.com/photos/99787116-M.jpg

Look closely at the bottom of the mag (flushed mag by the way)

dhl
10-03-2006, 5:51 PM
OK, how about a magazine that can be opened on one side like the cover of a book and the rounds placed in and the cover closed again?

shinigami
10-03-2006, 6:03 PM
OK, how about a magazine that can be opened on one side like the cover of a book and the rounds placed in and the cover closed again?

you need to think about how you're going to retract the spring and keep it in place to load the ammo. I've fiddled with it but was unsuccesful.

I've now develop another way to load my AR without breaking the receiver and without taking out the mag, but still retain my pistol grip.

I still have a fixed mag AR, but now it's a lot easier to load. One downside is that I now reduced my ammo count to 6 or 7 instead of 10. Not a problem when doing benchrest anyway.