View Full Version : Kimber Backorder

02-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi All.
I've had a Kimber Target II Stainless 10mm on backorder through Able's Ammo for 7-1/2 months. I was wondering if this sort of wait is typical for Kimber. Does anyone know if Kimber is experiencing some manufacturing difficulties or something else that would create a lengthly order delay. I heard they ran a limited edition 10mm, the GT10, with orders placed in October and they are being filled in February. Maybe it is Model related. I ordered the 10mm in July of last year.

02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I know some Kimber models can go on backorder for quite a while but 7 1/2 months seems excessive.
Have you called ables recently? In my past experiences able's customer service was really lacking; id give them a call and see what they tell you in terms of lead time.
Edit: huh and I just noticed this is in the intro thread, you should post this in the handgun forum

02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I had the same problem last year with a 9mm. They would not give me a delivery date after a six month wait. I gave up and got a Springfield online.

02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Edit ... I thought I had posted this under General Firearms Discussion. Ooops. Is there a way to move the post. I'll pay closer attention to this in the future.
Thanks, Roger

02-28-2011, 4:41 PM
No worries Roger. Welcome to Calguns. Good luck with getting that Kimber order straightened out.