PDA

View Full Version : Are the SpecOps Folders available yet?

tman
10-02-2006, 1:42 PM
In the "Products" section of the website, on the "SpecOps Folder" page, it says "Comming Soon!"
http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/SpecOps_Folder.html

But, if you click on "Online Store", it will let you buy the SpecOps Folder and says nothing about "comming soon", or "pre-order", or anything like that. It's listed just like all the other products:
http://www.knoxx.com/kSTORE/prodSelection.php
http://www.knoxx.com/kSTORE/viewProd.php?id=4

Anyone know if they are shipping yet? I would put in a pre-order now, if that's what it is, but not without a solid release date.

gose
10-02-2006, 2:42 PM
Would be interesting to see how they managed to overcome the laws of nature with a stock that "Cuts actual recoil with 50%".

Felt recoil _might_ be cut 50%, but htf do they cut "actual" recoil with 50%? :)

CaCrusin
10-03-2006, 7:30 AM
Would be interesting to see how they managed to overcome the laws of nature with a stock that "Cuts actual recoil with 50%".

Felt recoil _might_ be cut 50%, but htf do they cut "actual" recoil with 50%? :)

It really is more than 50% reduction in net PEAK recoil and substantially more than that in felt or perceived reduction. Here are the actual test results done by Browning Arms Laboratory.

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/images/Compgraph_NEW.jpg

The SpecOps Folder has been held up as we are waiting for the final finished parts to finish their testing prior to release. When it's right we will release them. We do not charge credit cards on preorders until we ship.

Visit the web site at www.knoxx.com to see our complete line of recoil-reducing products.

CaCrusin

gose
10-03-2006, 8:18 AM
It really is more than 50% reduction in net PEAK recoil and substantially more than that in felt or perceived reduction. Here are the actual test results done by Browning Arms Laboratory.

The SpecOps Folder has been held up as we are waiting for the final finished parts to finish their testing prior to release. When it's right we will release them. We do not charge credit cards on preorders until we ship.

Visit the web site at www.knoxx.com to see our complete line of recoil-reducing products.

CaCrusin

I have no problems with the statements above and Im sure your product reduces the peak and felt recoil, but when you say "actual recoil" that leads me to think that you in some magic way can remove the opposing force to the bullet exiting the weapon, which just is impossible.

Just to make it clear, I wasn't bashing your product, just the wording ;)

CaCrusin
10-04-2006, 7:09 AM
"If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Your point is one of semantics and is techincally correct. We do not remove the laws of physics, but we trick the heck out of them. The graph proves that there is a net decrease in the amount of recoil delivered to the recoil sensing device, so in fact, we do reduce net recoil as measured by that device. The shooter will testify that he/she felt dramatically less recoil.

Thanks for the conversation. You made me think.

CaCrusin

socalsteve
10-04-2006, 1:44 PM
Reports from people who have the other reduced recoil stocks & pistol grip from this company give them rave reviews...I'd get one but recoil doesn't bother me too much and they ain't cheap!

anotherone
10-04-2006, 3:12 PM
Reports from people who have the other reduced recoil stocks & pistol grip from this company give them rave reviews...I'd get one but recoil doesn't bother me too much and they ain't cheap!

The best recoil reduction stock I've ever used was the Benelli Comfortech. In my opinion the Comfortech is slightly better than the Knoxx, especially because the stock doesn't make your shotgun into a pogo stick :P! Now if they would only come out with a Comfortech pistol grip stock that would rock for Turkey hunting.

CaCrusin
10-05-2006, 7:21 AM
The best recoil reduction stock I've ever used was the Benelli Comfortech. In my opinion the Comfortech is slightly better than the Knoxx, especially because the stock doesn't make your shotgun into a pogo stick :P! Now if they would only come out with a Comfortech pistol grip stock that would rock for Turkey hunting.

I suppose that if you were to stick the muzzle of your shotgun in teh ground and fire it, the effect might be construed as a "pogo stick" but most shooters try to avoid that. ;^)

Having tested the Comfortech stock, a good improvement over their previous stock, I found that the disfference in felt recoil between the benelli and a mossberg (similar weight) with a CompStock was dramatic. The CompStock softened and dampened the recoil pulse in a smooth cycle while the benelli recoil was shorter and much more intense.

We do not make stocks for the benelli at this time so the discussion only serves to make for interesting discussion.

CaCrusin

tman
10-05-2006, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. How long might that be? Rough estimate even?

Patriot
10-05-2006, 11:01 AM
CaCrusin,

I've been to your website and I'm a little confused. What's the difference between the CopStock and the Spec-Ops Folder?

CaCrusin
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
CaCrusin,

I've been to your website and I'm a little confused. What's the difference between the CopStock and the Spec-Ops Folder?

The difference between the COPstock Folder and SpecOps Folder is mostly cosmetic. They both use the same mechanism to reduce recoil and are wire frame top folders. We are standardizing our product line around the SpecOps platform and the COPstock is an earlier design. It will eventually be phased out in favor of the SpecOps Folder. The one advantage for the SpecOps FOlder is a built-in butt pad, not found on the COPstock.

The SpecOps Folder should ship in the next 30 days. It is about 3 months behind schedule right now.

CaCrusin

Maddog5150
10-10-2006, 9:16 PM
Man Ive seen those folders at turners for like a hundred bucks!

kilword
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
i got the knoxx specops stock and love it!!! reduces recoil a great deal i can unload on stuff all day and still be askin for more! knoxx knows their stuff!
personally id check out the specops over the specops folder

tman
10-11-2006, 10:05 AM
i got the knoxx specops stock and love it!!! reduces recoil a great deal i can unload on stuff all day and still be askin for more! knoxx knows their stuff!
personally id check out the specops over the specops folder
I know the regualr SpecOps has better recoil reduction but I want a folder. Maybe I will get both eventually.

esskay
11-07-2006, 3:11 AM
I bought a SpecOps stock a LOOONG time ago but never got around to installing it. I finally swapped out the big safety on my 870 and put on the Knoxx stock. Took it steel shootin' this weekend. Man oh man the stock really does work! Seems like I could have shot a whole case of buck!

rod
11-07-2006, 5:40 AM
Here's a funny story about recoil reduction. I took a friend shooting once and he expressed some concern about the 12 GA kicking. "No problem" I say, "just hold the gun about an inch from your shoulder and you won't feel a thing".