PDA

View Full Version : Campgrounds and/or plinking near Sacramento?

tman
10-02-2006, 1:02 PM
I'm looking for a campground within 2 hours drive of Sacramento where shooting is allowed.

I am respectful to the enviroment as well as others and would make sure the place looked just how I found it if not better.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a decent campground within an hour of Sacramento, even if shooting isn't allowed, I would very much like to hear those as well.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: After a search, I found a similar thread (http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=24751). However, nobody mentioned any specific spots. If you don't want to post specific spots out in the open, feel free to use PM.

eckerph
10-02-2006, 1:35 PM
Spencville wildlife area has a place to shoot, I know they are camping spots around their somewhere. The shooting area is pretty dirty and crowded on the weekends but during the week it is a nice place to shoot with up to 300yd range and picnic tables for youre stuff.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/lands/wa/region2/spenceville.html

Pthfndr
10-02-2006, 2:04 PM
Jenkinson Lake has decent campgrounds. It's on Sly Park Road just before Mormon Emmigrant Trail (that's a road). You could camp there and just drive further up MET into the forest to find a good place to shoot. Several spots along Bonetti road.

tman
10-04-2006, 8:29 AM
eckerph: Thanks for the suggestion. Is it even crowded during this time of year?

Pthfndr: Thanks for the suggestion.

eckerph
10-04-2006, 9:42 AM
It may not be crowded because the weather is looking a little nasty around here and deer season closes pretty soon.

anotherone
10-11-2006, 1:46 PM
Just head up highway 50 to the El Dorado National Forest, plinking is allowed there so long as you are over 150 yards from any building or campsite. Just head out into the woods and be sure you've got a good backstop. Enjoy.

luvtolean
10-11-2006, 1:56 PM
Just head up highway 50 to the El Dorado National Forest, plinking is allowed there so long as you are over 150 yards from any building or campsite. Just head out into the woods and be sure you've got a good backstop. Enjoy.

Yep, plenty of beautiful open country in that area, I've been all over up there with 4x4 buddies wanting to hit parts of the Rubicon and such.