PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Geissele Super Dynamic 3-gun

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 3:24 PM
I had a stainless steel trigger beforehand, which I thought was "decent." Not any more. The Geissele 3-Gun feels beautiful. The pull is not TOO light, but not heavy by any means. It is as smooth as I could ask for, though. It breaks fairly short way through the trigger pull, and there is no noticable "2nd stage" to the pull. It just pulls back super smooth till it breaks. Not much over travel, and the reset is nice and short.

I also like the flat faced trigger, it is easier to find a comfortable spot on the trigger for your finger. Nice construction, looks plenty sturdy for LEO or military or SHTF stype situations. Not worried about this thing failing on me.

I'd give it a 9/10, simply because I know it cannot possibly be perfect.

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 3:58 PM
rdnYvU0EHvE

Iggy
02-26-2011, 4:14 PM
Looks nice!! Isn't it pronounced guys-lee?

THT
02-26-2011, 4:16 PM

Correct-a-mundo. I can't wait for March 1 when I can start ordering the SD3G :D

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 4:16 PM
Tomato, tomato.

$P-Ritch$
02-26-2011, 4:18 PM
Is that a newer version of the 3-gun trigger? Mine is still in the bag waiting for a few more parts to complete the build. Mine just has the standard looking milspec curved trigger. It does say "super 3 gun" on it so, I don't think it's a mistake.

That flat one looks very interesting, glad you like it. I can't wait to get a chance to try mine out.

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 4:21 PM
It is this trigger. Its pretty new I think.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=344901

THT
02-26-2011, 4:23 PM

Is that a newer version of the 3-gun trigger? Mine is still in the bag waiting for a few more parts to complete the build. Mine just has the standard looking milspec curved trigger. It does say "super 3 gun" on it so, I don't think it's a mistake.

That flat one looks very interesting, glad you like it. I can't wait to get a chance to try mine out.

The S3G and SD3G are different triggers. After March 1, the SD3G will be available through all Geissele dealers but until then, it's exclusive to MidwayUSA

$P-Ritch$
02-26-2011, 4:23 PM
Yeah, it looks like it's all the same specs, they just changed it to a flat trigger. Have you taken it to the range or a match yet?

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 4:25 PM
I've been messing with it for a good hour.

Can't wait to shoot it. This with the new Battlecomp 1.0 should make for some fun shootin.

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 4:27 PM
Yeah, it looks like it's all the same specs, they just changed it to a flat trigger. Have you taken it to the range or a match yet?

No I just put in about 2 hours ago, now kinda preoccupied watchin the UFC fights on facebook.

I've never done any match shooting, just some desert target shooting.

Jim_KT
02-26-2011, 4:39 PM
"Aight y'all"

"Check it..."

haha

Nice video. Geisseles are great triggers.

THT
02-26-2011, 4:56 PM

The flat trigger makes for a different feeling. Some like it, others dont. I'll get a demo rifle fitted with one and put some rounds through it :43:

$P-Ritch$
02-26-2011, 5:01 PM
Looking forward to the review!:thumbsup:

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 5:05 PM
Its times like these, I wish I lived somewhere I could walk out my back door, and shoot my 100 yard target range on my 25 acre plot in the middle of the woods somewhere.

vintagearms
02-26-2011, 5:15 PM
"Aight y'all"

"Check it..."

haha

Nice video. Geisseles are great triggers.

Guess with all that fancy gun stuff he couldn't afford a better dresser. :p

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 5:22 PM
Guess with all that fancy gun stuff he couldn't afford a better dresser. :p

That ****s solid WALNUT son. You have a granite dresser or somethin?

CRTguns
02-26-2011, 8:15 PM
What's it cost? I cannot imagine a better trigger than a Gold or JP (the old JP- not the new new drop in for idiots)

essinem4130
02-26-2011, 8:57 PM
What's it cost? I cannot imagine a better trigger than a Gold or JP (the old JP- not the new new drop in for idiots)

It is on sale on Midway right now. It is $189 + ship.

It feels amazing, too bad more people cant comment on it, the sale price seems good for a DURABLE super smoothe trigger. You have to realize most match triggers are not meant for long term reliability. They are of frail constriction to offer a "perfect" trigger for competition. This trigger is every bit as sturdy as my last stainless steel trigger, but is machined to much finer tolerances offering an exceptionally smooth, linear trigger.

vintagearms
02-26-2011, 10:04 PM
That ****s solid WALNUT son. You have a granite dresser or somethin?

HAHAHA...:D

IPSICK
02-27-2011, 6:58 PM
Thanks for the video demo. Looks pretty solid, but I'm still kind of glad I've got the AR Gold. It's a very light 1911-ish trigger pull. Now I'm curious what the JP triggers is like although, I thought I remember it seeming like a very crisp single stage with ZERO take-up.

Of course only time will tell how my AR Gold will hold up considering it is a competition trigger. Lots of quality work in it though, just like the Geissele.