PDA

View Full Version : Can I legally sell a .50 BMG Upper to someone in California?

CarnageZ28
02-26-2011, 1:45 PM
Have a guy from California wanting to buy a .50 BMG upper from me to have rechambered in .510 DTC.

He says it IS legal to purchase. Legal for me to ship to him. Not legal for him to use until it is rechambered in .510 DTC.

I know there are some really crazy firearms regulations, and even worse in california :(

Anyone know? Thanks I greatly appreciate it!

Joe

Merc1138
02-26-2011, 1:49 PM
Yes.

The only issue with .50bmg, is if you were selling him a complete rifle. If he buys the .50bmg upper from you, he could either get it re-chambered for .510dtc, or attach it to his registered assault weapon lower receiver(if he has one). Whether or not a .50bmg upper can just be re-chambered or be re-barreled(I'm not familiar with which he would need to do for this caliber) for .510 dtc is his concern as the buyer. Because constructive possession isn't an issue with CA's laws like it is for federal laws and NFA items, it isn't a problem for you to sell him the upper and the buyer to use it as a doorstop, mantle-piece, or have it altered so it doesn't chamber a .50bmg round.

CSACANNONEER
02-26-2011, 1:50 PM
It is be 100% legal. It would be legal for him to use it on a registered 50BMG lower or an AW lower. SO, even if he doesn't own a RAW/Registered 50BMG lower, he could legally ue it on a friends registered lower as long as the friend is present. What kind of upper are you selling?

Merc1138
02-26-2011, 1:52 PM
It is be 100% legal. It would be legal for him to use it on a registered 50BMG lower or an AW lower. SO, even if he doesn't own a RAW/Registered 50BMG lower, he could legally ue it on a friends registered lower as long as the friend is present. What kind of upper are you selling?

Why do I have the feeling that when he answers, you're going to respond with "How much $?" :p

CarnageZ28
02-26-2011, 2:02 PM
Selling a Bohica MkIII Upper, 36", Fluted, etc. New in the box, never fired.

Got it thinking it would be a neat project, but it just never materialized. I already have an AR-50, so I would rather have the money to put towards a Heritage Premier for another rifle.

$1400 + Shipping & PayPal.

Email is CarnageZ28@hotmail.com lol

CSACANNONEER
02-26-2011, 2:04 PM
Why do I have the feeling that when he answers, you're going to respond with "How much $?" :p

I don't "need" a Bohica. So, I don't need the price. If it had been an ALS with a complete match package for $2000, I'd be gassing up my truck and driving across country right now.

Merc1138
02-26-2011, 2:07 PM
Ok, so I'd have been right if the model was different :p

Prince50
02-26-2011, 2:08 PM
It is 100% legal for you to sell it to a buyer in California.

Enjoy your AR-50, and I hope you have my bipod on it!

Best Regards,

Darin

CarnageZ28
02-26-2011, 2:10 PM
Darin,

She got an APA on it. I want to get the adjustable leg kit, as sometimes it is used prone off uneven dirt and non adjustable legs can be irritating.

It's bad as hell I love it.