View Full Version : My 5.00 ching sling

02-25-2011, 7:34 PM
I wanted a ching sling for my Steyr scout rifle but all there is are leather expensive ones. I know, its a 2,000 dollar set up but I didn't really like the designs of the leather one. Wilderness makes one in nylon but they no longer make one for the Steyr.

I have a bunch of 1 inch nylon tube webbing laying around and the qd attachments that came with the rifle. Me thinks its time to make a trip to sports chalet for some attachments.

So I only used the cheap package. All I ended up needing was a tri glide fastener.

Next I narrowed mommies sewing machine and started sewing the qd fasteners.

Oh noes. The other fasteners aren't big enough for the tube nylon nor allow to let the third piece to slide freely. Thank god I'm a pack rat. I have a bunch of m1 carbine slings that have broken snaps but the tri glide attachments are good.

Third price sewn to tri glide and fastner and loop the last piece to the rear.

And that my friends is my 5 dollar sling for a scout

02-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Very nice job! I'm surprised no one has commented on this so far. I was just thinking about making a sling like that for a Saiga.

02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
That would awesome! You can find that nylon tubing at surplus stores also. most precision rifles have two studs in the forearm so you could make one for those also :D

02-26-2011, 4:53 PM
Great job on the sling! (I should know, I make the spendy Leather ones!)

02-26-2011, 7:43 PM
Nice job on that sling!

02-26-2011, 10:44 PM
How does it wear (I can't quite tell what it looks like in the pictures).

Any pictures of it on.....:winkiss:? haha

02-26-2011, 11:26 PM
How does it wear (I can't quite tell what it looks like in the pictures).

Any pictures of it on.....:winkiss:? haha

Sorry I dont have any black ninja gear to pose with my rifle along with my ninja sword and bow :(

oh wait, come to think of it, I think I have a ninja sword burried somewhere back when I was a super fat tacti-cool ninja. Now I'm just a kinda fat ninja :D

Big D
02-27-2011, 8:18 AM
it kinda looks like you have three hands in that pic