PDA

View Full Version : Another McD shooting

gose
09-29-2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/29/umcdonalds.xml

I can't understand how it could have happened. Handguns are banned in the UK... ;)

vrylak
09-29-2006, 12:26 PM
But criminals cannot possibly obtain guns because of gun control laws....oh wait they're criminals:rolleyes:

bwiese
09-29-2006, 1:21 PM
Notice how this doesn't happen at Ruth's Chris Steak house?

It's always some fast food chain place, never a family non-chain restaurant or a nice upscale place. (We'll let the Mafia have a pass for taking out Paul Castellano at Sparks Steak House, NYC, 1985...)

It's not the guns, it's the clientele.

I don't eat in restaurants where the servers/staff have gang tattoos - even if the meat weren't a green-grey hue...

anotherone
09-29-2006, 5:18 PM
We'll let the Mafia have a pass for taking out Paul Castellano at Sparks Steak House, NYC, 1985...

Paul Castellano and his driver Thomas Billoti (I think that was his driver's name) were gunned down when they exited Sparks Steak House. Hence there were technically killed on public property on a sidewalk and not the steak house proper.

hoffmang
09-29-2006, 8:45 PM
Now just try CCW at Sparks... I always feel so exposed there.... :D

-Gene

Socal858
09-29-2006, 9:35 PM
It's not the guns, it's the clientele.

I don't eat in restaurants where the servers/staff have gang tattoos - even if the meat weren't a green-grey hue...

can i get an A-MEN??:D

metalhead357
09-30-2006, 12:11 AM
A friggin' men on that one.

Been to a couple establishments where we've litterally already ordered and then saw that crap...cancelled out order and left.

But I'm amiss too.....How in the heck did these subjects get to do this where there are laws in place that are SUPPOSED to prevent people from owning guns:p Like OMG maybe they need ANOTHER law to make it even MORE illegal to break the law:rolleyes:

MadMex
09-30-2006, 6:16 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/29/umcdonalds.xml

I can't understand how it could have happened. Handguns are banned in the UK... ;)
You guys are missing the point. McDonalds needs to be banned.

metalhead357
09-30-2006, 7:03 AM
You guys are missing the point. McDonalds needs to be banned.

Hmmmmm, maybe not. I'm not into the safety Nazi thingy; gimmie a Mcheart attack over random shooting:p

bwiese
09-30-2006, 1:59 PM
Hmmmmm, maybe not. I'm not into the safety Nazi thingy; gimmie a Mcheart attack over random shooting:p

Yeah, the McD's staff and clientele is worse than the food.

BTW, as far as fast food goes, do you notice the orders-of-magnitude better staff and clientele for In-N-Out Burger?

The In-N-Out burgers I go to are generally staffed with fairly enthusiastic young folk who take care to 'get things right'. Don't see tattoos, they're usu scrubbed & well-spoken and they often, more or less, look like 'students', and they move with some alacrity.

And you don't have to 'trot' to the bathroom afterwards, unlike Wendy's "hot & juicy" (so named for the after-effects).

InNOut may be fast food but it's conspicuously different than McD's, BK, etc. And it has a 'real' taste.

Damn, I'm going to InNOut for dinner tonite!

Tweak338
09-30-2006, 2:05 PM
Happy Hound and InNOut are the best for burgers... period.

unless i make the burger....

CalNRA
09-30-2006, 2:49 PM
In and Out is the way to go, they hire usually respectable looking high school and college students and refuse to hire people who cannot speak English. now only if they would have a few near my county.

I went to a McD yeasterday while driving down on 880 and was almost tempted to load up my Tomcat and keep it in my pocket, but the law-abiding side in me persuaded me from doing so, but it was a little nerve racking. It was the first time I went to a McD in at least 4 years and probably won't be going for a long time now.

metalhead357
09-30-2006, 2:54 PM
unless i make the burger....

Mammma Burger??????

"We gotts Mc Donalds" "We Gotts Mc Donalds"...meanwhile you've got a pink ooze running down ya' arm and giant green pepper sticking out the round meatball looking burger:D

{Anyone? Anyone?...and yes, I'm dating myself with this one;) }

BTW- did anyone else see off the story that England's Mc D's are STARTING A READING PROGRAM FOR THIER EMPLOYEES???????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

anotherone
09-30-2006, 8:54 PM
InNOut may be fast food but it's conspicuously different than McD's, BK, etc. And it has a 'real' taste.

+1

In N' Out is not just tastier but according to the nutrition guide it is significantly healthier than other fast food. Not to mention it's cool watching them make french fries fresh from potatoes.

Did I mention that in over 20 years of eating there they have yet to get my order wrong at the drive-thru?

The Soup Nazi
09-30-2006, 9:06 PM
+1

In N' Out is not just tastier but according to the nutrition guide it is significantly healthier than other fast food. Not to mention it's cool watching them make french fries fresh from potatoes.

Did I mention that in over 20 years of eating there they have yet to get my order wrong at the drive-thru?

I negate the healthiness with the animal style fries and occasionaly going for a 3X3. But if I fill up my drink with a few drops of Diet Coke, that means I'm taking the same amount of calories in, right!?! :D

ghideon
10-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Eddie Murphy, Delirious IIRC.

Mammma Burger??????

"We gotts Mc Donalds" "We Gotts Mc Donalds"...meanwhile you've got a pink ooze running down ya' arm and giant green pepper sticking out the round meatball looking burger:D

{Anyone? Anyone?...and yes, I'm dating myself with this one;) }

BTW- did anyone else see off the story that England's Mc D's are STARTING A READING PROGRAM FOR THIER EMPLOYEES???????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

jumbopanda
10-01-2006, 12:37 PM
mcdonald's slogan, "i'm lovin' it", is a contraction of "i am loving it", which is an anagram for "ailing vomit"

oh the irony.

WokMaster1
10-01-2006, 1:29 PM
Speaking of In&Out Burgers, what are the "secret ways" (Off List) to order your burgers?

All I know is "animal style":)

Sorry to hijack this thread!

volcanic
10-01-2006, 3:46 PM
Did you all know that besides hiring high school/college students at In-n-Out, they have a minimum gpa requirement for applicants. So you are getting clean cut, young, english speaking, intelligent servers, and cheap,good food at a restaurant. What a concept.

WolfMansDad
10-01-2006, 4:15 PM
Interesting! I thought I was the only one these things happened to.

When my wife and I first moved to California, we went to a Jack in the Box in Santa Monica with our young son (5yrs old at the time). Both the staff and the clientelle looked a little scary, but we didn't want to be judgemental, so we went ahead and ordered. :rolleyes: We stood out a little, and people stared. I blew it off until a woman came into the restaraunt ranting to no one in particular. She wandered from table to table, then began screaming that she was going to "kill all the [our ethnic group] people," spit on the floor, and reached into her purse. Given that we were the only people of our particular ethnic group in the restaraunt at the time, I kind of took that personal. We packed up our half-eaten burgers and left.

We didn't get shot that day, but we haven't been back.

dwtt
10-01-2006, 6:49 PM
Everyone here knows McDonalds is a franchise operation and each individual place is owned by a small business owner who buys into a "package" when he opens up a McDonalds. What many here might not know is that the McDonalds you see in west Oakland, Hunters Point, and other places like these get big incentives at the local, state, and federal level to open businesses in "underprivileged" neighborhoods. They get even more brownie points for hiring local workers, which sometimes mean hiring gang members, crack heads trying to go clean, and the very stupid who can't get a job anywhere else. If it weren't for these incentives, I doubt there would be any McDonalds, Wendy's, or other franchise restaurants in these places.

metalhead357
10-01-2006, 7:23 PM
Eddie Murphy, Delirious IIRC.

:D Sounds about right to me- I always fudge up Dellerious and Raw:cool: but ya' got the right skit in mind LOL!!!!!

tacticalcity
10-02-2006, 3:59 PM
Ban is a bad word, period.

Why is it that people think they can regulate our way to a safer society?

Pretty soon you've traded away all your freedoms and life's little pleasures for a false sense of safety.

I realize the guy was probably joking, but the same nuts pushing anti-gun legislation have talked about legislation on the fat content of our fast food. Hell, it was a 60 Minutes special.

1) It is not the goverments job to protect you from yourself.
2) It is not the governments job to raise your kids for you.
3) It is not the goverments job to think for you.

American needs to take some resonsibility for itself. Parents need to start raising their kids instead of expect teachers to do it for them.

Teach them to be responsible in all apsects of their lives. You need to teach them how to eat right, exercise, obey the speed limit (within reason), have safe sex, study hard in school, treat others like they want to be treated, basic firearms safety, etc. They all go hand in hand with making them a responsible member of society.

If it is out there, and dangerous, then it is your job to teach your kids how to safely deal with it. Pretending it doesn't exist, just might get your kid killed.

If you don't know all of these things and more yourself...then you yourself are not a responsible member of society.Still, it's not the goverments job to turn you into one, that is your responsibility.