PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 FLCP-K vs Rem. 700 pss

Lessthanperfect
02-25-2011, 3:07 PM
I'm a left Eye dominate Right handed individual but was raised up with a lefty and have learned to shoot with both hands but am partial to left handed.

Ive always shot bolt action rifles left handed but have never even held a left handed rifle

I'm finally in the market to buy a good .308 rifle and have spent countless hours drooling over 700's and Savage 10's and would like everyone's opinion on what is better.

please help me compare the diffrences without actually having the option of shooting both

Accutrigger accustock vs 700 Please help

My ultimate goal is to get into the 600-800+ yard shooting as my skill develops i can already do my own reloading

hit-man
02-25-2011, 3:48 PM
I have owned a 24" barreled Savage 10FP in and H&S precesion stock and it was an unbelievable shooter. I have also shot three different 700 models owned by friends, and must say I fr prefer the Savage. The Accu-trigger makes all the difference.

DizzyD
02-25-2011, 8:24 PM
Agreed with hit-man! I have both Savage 10fpc-k and remington sps tactical...both outstanding shooters. Nothin against the remmy but my savage has a crazy accuracy out of the box using Walmart and match ammo.

joelogic
02-25-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a fcp-k also and it is a great out of the box shooter. If you like mod'ing your gun go Rem. The only pev I have about the savage is how difficult it is to cycle a round. It can be smoothed but will never be like a rem.

precisionshutr
02-26-2011, 3:35 AM
i had a savage a number of years back and have a 700pss. My biggest complaint about the savage, including the current models, is the stock. Unless you pick up one with the McMillan or other custom stock, the handle on the stock is way too straight back and dosn't have the curve of the Remmy. The Remmy isn't perfect either, and I ended up getting a custom stock for it, but it is an improvement.

I agree with the earlier post. If you're planning to customize, go with the Remmy. The Savage is a great gun as well, mine was an excellent shooter out of the box.

My biased is towards the Remmy because it's the benchmark for American made precision rifles, M40, m24m etc...I think the Savage will get much more recognition once it becomes more openly used in police and military use as it is a fine rifle...

Bug Splat
02-26-2011, 7:42 PM
No hiding my love for savage. I think the savages are much more customizable then people think. I'd like to see a rem switch barrels in 10 minutes and back again. Every accessory I have seen for a Rem I've found for Savage. Accuracy wise they are the same. I will give credit to Rem for having the sexier look and feel but savage makes a hell of a rifle for the money.

DizzyD
02-27-2011, 1:11 AM
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad160/abaual0316/2011-02-19125938.jpg
This shot was taken last weekend at San Diego P2K indoor 100yds range...shot about 100rds through my Savage 10FPC-K using both american eagle and Federal SMK ammo.