PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in a So-cal C&R shoot

Limited10
09-28-2006, 7:53 PM
Just wondering if there would be any interest in a day at the range.
Redlands Inland Fish & Game has a great rifle range.
Perhaps we could get some people together lets say Sat Oct 7th?

Santa Cruz Armory
09-29-2006, 5:56 PM
::::sounds of crickets:::::rolleyes:

maschronic
09-29-2006, 6:38 PM
i would be interested, but Oct 7th doesn't work for me. i'll be in a wedding. keep me informed. :)

Okami
10-01-2006, 4:04 PM
I'm planning on going out there soon as i've got to get my garand and a yugo sks zeroed. Unfortunately only wed and thu off for me.

jmlivingston
10-01-2006, 5:34 PM
Sounds like fun. But yeah, the weekend of the 7th is really bad for me....

John

ocabj
10-01-2006, 6:13 PM
You don't need to declare a SoCal C&R shoot at the IFG. There's tons of people shooting C&R rifles at IFG.

If you go on Sundays, you'll see me at at least one other guy shooting Garands. There's usually at least 4-5 Garand shooters on Sundays along with tons of Mosin Nagant shooters.

I don't know about Saturdays but I'm sure it's the same. I used to shoot on Saturdays, but switched to Sundays since most of the guys I know there shoot on Sundays.

As of late though, as is usual with this time of the season, the range is packed with the once a year range shooters. They come to the range once a year right before hunting season starts to sight in their rifles. You have to watch yourself. Lots of these guys don't know how to handle a firearm safely.

cornholio1
10-01-2006, 6:52 PM
You don't need to declare a SoCal C&R shoot at the IFG. There's tons of people shooting C&R rifles at IFG.

If you go on Sundays, you'll see me at at least one other guy shooting Garands. There's usually at least 4-5 Garand shooters on Sundays along with tons of Mosin Nagant shooters.

I don't know about Saturdays but I'm sure it's the same. I used to shoot on Saturdays, but switched to Sundays since most of the guys I know there shoot on Sundays.

As of late though, as is usual with this time of the season, the range is packed with the once a year range shooters. They come to the range once a year right before hunting season starts to sight in their rifles. You have to watch yourself. Lots of these guys don't know how to handle a firearm safely.

Are you the guy that usta be a high school counselor? I finally got my Garand. =)

ocabj
10-01-2006, 7:23 PM
Are you the guy that usta be a high school counselor? I finally got my Garand. =)

Nope. Way too young to have been a high school counselor. That sounds like Tim. He's a huge Garand and milsurp nut, too. He usually shoots at IFG on Saturdays.

Limited10
10-01-2006, 9:04 PM
[QUOTE=ocabj]You don't need to declare a SoCal C&R shoot at the IFG. There's tons of people shooting C&R rifles at IFG.

Thats one of the many reasons I shot at IFG. Great people and Many C&R folk. Just hoping to get more out to a great range with inexpensive membership rates;)

[QUOTE=ocabj] If you go on Sundays, you'll see me at at least one other guy shooting Garands.

I'm sure I've seen you there on Sundays, Last time I was there on a Sunday the M1 guys where getting ready for Pendleton, (which I think was canceled) I usually shoot Tue or Wed. I enjoy shooting on Sunday but between Church ,the wifes honey due list and the kids activities, I'm limited to sneeking out on week days in between meetings.

Next time I'm shooting on Sunday I'll just yell (Calguns) and see If any heads turn:)

ocabj
10-01-2006, 9:15 PM
I'm sure I've seen you there on Sundays, Last time I was there on a Sunday the M1 guys where getting ready for Pendleton, (which I think was canceled) I usually shoot Tue or Wed.

Next time I'm shooting on Sunday I'll just yell (Calguns) and see If any heads turn:)

Yup, I've been shooting the Garand and Swede the past several Sundays prepping for the Western Games. It's not cancelled. Definitely still on.

OptionX3
10-01-2006, 11:56 PM
I can do Sat Oct 7th C&R shoot. But my C&R collection is pretty thin, SKS and a M38. I'm there aleast every other Saturday, from ~1-2pm till closing time. I dont really know anyone out there, so I pretty much keep it to my self.