PDA

View Full Version : AR15 question

mikehenry
02-25-2011, 9:19 AM
So I found a good price on a Sig 516 but they will not install the bullet button. I was wondering if I can have the gun shipped to an FFL in here in CA and have them install a bullet button? Or do you know any place where I can have the gun shipped to and have the bullet button installed?

Army
02-25-2011, 9:28 AM
Since it has to go to an FFL anyway, have your FFL require the upper be seperated before shipment. They can install the BB when it gets here, and before you receive it.

Obviously, you need to supply the BB to the FFL.

Nathan Krynn
02-25-2011, 9:41 AM
I ship guns in like what Army said every week.

jm13690
02-25-2011, 9:50 AM
Yep Army is on point with that. Try to find a FFL who sells AR's and he should have the bullet buttons to install already. Can just save you a hassle.

dieselpower
02-25-2011, 10:01 AM
just to make sure you understand some things...

Talk with the FFL first. Some do not like this.
A 07FFL can receive an AW, then install a BB device...a regular FFL can not...which is why you TALK to the FFL first.

Its weird but some people just go ahead and order the firearm and have it shipped to their FFL thinking its all cool and they will go down and just fill out some paper work...just like when they bought the shotgun or the other AR15 from that FFL.

Go to the shop and talk to the FFL, they may even have a better deal in mind. Coming here first is a waste of time.

everyone here can tell you it's good and go-4-it and the FFL tells you to screw off.

mikehenry
02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I would of course talk to my FFL before buying the Sig 516, I just wanted to know if this was something that was even possible. I have only purchased handguns so I am new to rifles.

dieselpower
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I would of course talk to my FFL before buying the Sig 516, I just wanted to know if this was something that was even possible. I have only purchased handguns so I am new to rifles.

Yeah, go talk to him. He maybe cool with it, he may say NO.

Lrchops
02-25-2011, 10:18 AM
So any combat rifle that is considered by california to be an assault weapon can be legally owned if a bullet button is installed? I would like to get a FN SCAR .308. Are the California legal rifles basically exactly the same as the LE Only rifles, except for the bullet button?

I don't know because I only own pre-ban and LEO firearms. But want to get a rifle my department wont sing a letter for.

slick_711
02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
So any combat rifle that is considered by california to be an assault weapon can be legally owned if a bullet button is installed? I would like to get a FN SCAR .308. Are the California legal rifles basically exactly the same as the LE Only rifles, except for the bullet button?

I don't know because I only own pre-ban and LEO firearms. But want to get a rifle my department wont sing a letter for.

Pretty much. It just has to have a magazine lock (bullet button), 10 round mags, and legal overall length & barrel length. I don't know the SCAR length off the top of my head, but I'd imagine it would need the stock pinned to be legal overall length in CA.

dieselpower
02-25-2011, 4:40 PM

Yes, as long as the make and model isnt listed it goes to the features for AW identification.

So it must comply with PC12276.1 (1), (2) & (3)

Pretty much. It just has to have a magazine lock (bullet button), 10 round mags, and legal overall length & barrel length. I don't know the SCAR length off the top of my head, but I'd imagine it would need the stock pinned to be legal overall length in CA.

Yup. Folded = less then 30" while firing, so it would need department letterhead actual original copy, not a photocopy.