PDA

View Full Version : M203 Cut- Should I?

Flux Capacitor
02-25-2011, 8:12 AM
I have a stainless steel AR15 M4 Countoured barrel without the M203 cut. I think the cut looks great. Randall will do the job pretty cheap, but I don't know if I sacrificing accuracy? Should I be concerned?

This is a hunting rig (16" barrel)

Darthbauer
02-25-2011, 8:22 AM
Unless your gonna get an M203 it's really pointless.

Omega13device
02-25-2011, 8:24 AM
Do whatever floats your boat, it's your barrel. It won't hurt anything.

That said, for a hunting rig I'd think you'd want it as light as possible so why not have Randall turn down the whole barrel to a lighter profile.

RONIN.
02-25-2011, 8:53 AM
Unless your gonna get an M203 it's really pointless.
EXACTLY

That said, for a hunting rig I'd think you'd want it as light as possible so why not have Randall turn down the whole barrel to a lighter profile.
ID SAY GO FOR A GOVERNMENT PROFILE OR EVEN A LIGHTWEIGHT PROFILE BARREL

EasyE
02-25-2011, 9:00 AM
I personally don't like the way it looks, but that's just my opinion.

I would have to agree with Omega and Ronin though, if its your hunting rig I would think you would want it as light as possible.

slick_711
02-25-2011, 9:17 AM
That's kind of a personal preference thing if you're not going to be mounting a 203. Personally I prefer not to have the notch, especially on a stainless barrel; I can't imagine it would look good on a SS barrel. Just seems out of place.

MrPlink
02-25-2011, 1:56 PM
what bugs me is the cut on a 16in barrel. If you are building a 14.5 replica I think it looks ok, otherwise seems rather strange to me

in other words, if youre going to look the roll, THEN look the roll

jasonnorcal
02-25-2011, 2:44 PM

This