PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal BLM land acquisitions

Gringo Bandito
09-28-2006, 3:03 PM
Someone told me that the part of the land that is on Mines road (Livermore by Lake Del Valle) which leads to Mount Hamilton has been purchased by BLM and will be set aside for hunting. I did check the BLM web site and have not found anything about it. Can Anyone confirm this?

BigMac
09-28-2006, 4:38 PM
I hunt up there and am getting to know lots of ranchers up there.

I am unaware of any BLM purchases. If I find out about any I will post about it. (right after I hunt the snot outa it ;) )

Gringo Bandito
09-29-2006, 9:07 AM
I'd be careful if I were you. If at any point of of them says " I can't quit you" run!

metalhead357
09-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Someone told me that the part of the land that is on Mines road (Livermore by Lake Del Valle) which leads to Mount Hamilton has been purchased by BLM and will be set aside for hunting. I did check the BLM web site and have not found anything about it. Can Anyone confirm this?

I've NEVER seen BLM update thier websites regularely...it is another goobermint buracracy....

Best course of action is to walk in to the regional office and mark off on a new map the most recent ones picked up. Second best is to call.

Gringo Bandito
09-30-2006, 6:53 AM
I've NEVER seen BLM update thier websites regularely...it is another goobermint buracracy....

Best course of action is to walk in to the regional office and mark off on a new map the most recent ones picked up. Second best is to call.

Thanks Metalhead. I did speak to the local BLM office realestate person but it was like talking to Elmer Fudd. I will be pickin up a map.

metalhead357
09-30-2006, 1:43 PM
LOL!!!!

OHHHH God no! NOT the local real estate agent(S) ya' gotta talk to the actual clowns (well....ok, some are actually competant) BLM office staff! A local realtor forgets his last sale 4 minutes after the papers are signed & wants the new & next deal from then on:rolleyes:

If ya' get a map-- request they update it!!!!!! they will usually take a Hi-lighter pen and mark new areas and either black or orange pen for thier disposed-of property.

Either way....gooberment agency ahead....proceed with caution:eek: LOL!