PDA

View Full Version : How to install a gas tube into a gas block

mlancaster
02-24-2011, 5:24 PM
do ags tubes need to be filed down prior to installation??? I just tried to install my gas tube into a dpms railed gas block and pretty much got it stuck....tried to pull it out and it broke off....looks like im out about $70. Does anyone know what all is involved with installing a new gas tube into a new gas block....is there somewhere i could look...i tried youtube and had no luck.....please help

77bawls
02-24-2011, 5:30 PM
Why are you out $70? You should be able to extract the broken piece. Where do you live?

$P-Ritch$
02-24-2011, 5:45 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I am about to be installing my first FSB and gas tube myself. From what I have seen and read it's supposed to just be: line up the holes of the gas tube and FSB and tap in the gas tube roll pin.

That is the normal way, right?

mlancaster
02-24-2011, 5:57 PM
Why are you out $70? You should be able to extract the broken piece. Where do you live?

solano county

nagorb
02-24-2011, 6:08 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I am about to be installing my first FSB and gas tube myself. From what I have seen and read it's supposed to just be: line up the holes of the gas tube and FSB and tap in the gas tube roll pin.

That is the normal way, right?

yep.

might want to post some pics so we can better see what happened.

dieselpower
02-24-2011, 6:13 PM
I am thinking you installed the wrong end of the gas tube.

There is a slight bulge in the end that the gas key seals with, and the gas block end should have a small hole across it where the pin holds it in the standard gas block.

Don29palms
02-24-2011, 6:16 PM
Here's a video. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11615/learn/

Hump0311
02-24-2011, 6:22 PM
You can always measure it to make sure that the gas tube and the gas block are the right size.

did the gas block come with the gas port sizes?

jasonnorcal
02-25-2011, 3:54 PM
I am thinking you installed the wrong end of the gas tube.

There is a slight bulge in the end that the gas key seals with, and the gas block end should have a small hole across it where the pin holds it in the standard gas block.

This sounds about right