PDA

View Full Version : Girl here needs help with BCM BCG

MrPlink
02-24-2011, 4:58 PM
Ok, so Im not really a girl, but in light of recent threads I figured it would help me get answers quick :p

Whats with the extra O ring that came with my BCM BCG?

Im working on my first AR build, so Im a bit clueless on this one.

Hump0311
02-24-2011, 5:00 PM
are the O rings already on the bolt?

Ruiner
02-24-2011, 5:01 PM
They include the O ring incase you want to use it. They already use an extra power extractor spring so you don't really need it.

Charlie50
02-24-2011, 5:02 PM
Cheater, no answers for u big guy! :) ... see above

Coded-Dude
02-24-2011, 5:03 PM
:willy_nilly:

:hide:

MrPlink
02-24-2011, 5:03 PM
I havent even opened it yet. Just noticed in the plastic packaging, theres a separate O ring in its own "bubble"

heres proof Im a girl
http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members2/354/327354/images/Gravitation/manfaye.jpg
(ok, seriously thats not me)

docsmileyface
02-24-2011, 5:07 PM
The O-Ring goes around the extractor spring - I use the whole shebang, black insert, high tension spring, and Crane O-Ring after my stock blue insert and spring crapped out. No extraction problems since.

Mr_Monkeywrench
02-24-2011, 5:07 PM
heres proof Im a girl

:puke:

MrPlink
02-24-2011, 5:11 PM
well, I take things with the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" style, so I will just try things as is and go from there I guess.

This is going on a "pistol" build, so I am already preparing myself for some "tuning" issues.

Vanilla Gorilla
02-24-2011, 5:17 PM
Cheater, no answers for u big guy! :) ... see above

+1:p

Vanilla Gorilla
02-24-2011, 5:19 PM
I havent even opened it yet. Just noticed in the plastic packaging, theres a separate O ring in its own "bubble"

heres proof Im a girl

:ack2:

West9319
02-24-2011, 5:32 PM
:puke:

thats exactly what I did.

evidens83
02-24-2011, 6:09 PM
LMAO at thread title ;) I haven't had any problems with my BCM BCG to warrent the need to use the provided O-ring. If it aint broke...

Scott Connors
02-24-2011, 6:28 PM
If you have a carbine-length gas system and a carbine or H buffer, you might consider installing the o-ring. It's not needed on a mid-length with a H buffer or heavier.

AeroEngi
02-24-2011, 6:45 PM
LOL at thread title! +1 for you sir.

But I was also wondering the same thing. I never installed the o-ring and I haven't had any problems with the bolt.

stevie
02-24-2011, 7:03 PM
This place is getting so strange.

If your rilfe functions without the extra o-ring, its not required.

evolixsurf
02-24-2011, 7:09 PM
Why not use it? It should make your extractor more reliable. Your gas system will be fairly violent with a pistol length system and I would put the o ring on it if I were you.

Jpach
02-24-2011, 8:41 PM
They include the O ring incase you want to use it. They already use an extra power extractor spring so you don't really need it.

Really??

Dang it, I bought one for my bcm and installed it thinking they used a standard one lol

UnboundClothing
02-24-2011, 8:47 PM
alright you got me:rofl2:

sevensix2x51
02-24-2011, 9:30 PM
ive never needed the crane o-ring on my bcm bcg's. i have used the o-ring on other brands with the standard spring to enhance extraction for sticky steel cases. just save it for when a buddy has problems with his extractor hopping case rims.

MrPlink
02-24-2011, 10:15 PM
If you have a carbine-length gas system and a carbine or H buffer, you might consider installing the o-ring. It's not needed on a mid-length with a H buffer or heavier.

well its going a 10.5 (carbine gas) LMT w/ rifle tube/buffer

five.five-six
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Ok, so Im not really a girl

did you ever consider putting implants on your back? that migh help

MrPlink
02-24-2011, 11:56 PM
did you ever consider putting implants on your back? that migh help

I dont follow, and Im not sure I want to :confused: :D

SarahKC1987
02-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Ive never had any issue's with my O-rings...... :D But nice thread title.

MrPlink
02-25-2011, 1:18 AM
Ive never had any issue's with my O-rings...... :D But nice thread title.

:confused: wait was that innuendo? j/k

well, youve definitely made quite the introduction for yourself.
Anyways, CGF and the noble tradition of all things firearms related always needs new people, women folk included, so welcome aboard.

Yute
02-25-2011, 3:22 AM
The O-ring is probably not needed on BCM bolts unless you have some sort of extraction issue to begin with because of BCM's strong springs. The o-ring might actually cause issues as it can over-tension the extractor which will hold onto the cartridge during the ejection phase to the point where the cartridge might not eject at all (according to BCM).

That said, if the extractor springs are getting weak because of prolonged use, then it might be a good idea to have the o-ring in there. Shorter gas systems also benefit from the O-ring because of the decreased dwell time.

Personally the o-rings are a bit of a pain to get into the bolt (I need a leatherman tool to push the extractor down), so I've left them out but keep it in my pistol grip in case I encounter any extraction issues.

johnthomas
02-25-2011, 3:36 AM
I only clicked on the thread to read the posts from the hounds just waiting for a defenseless girl to ask a question, lol. Oh, an I think the picture you posted, really is you, lol. You need a shake weight.

MrPlink
02-25-2011, 4:33 AM
I only clicked on the thread to read the posts from the hounds just waiting for a defenseless girl to ask a question, lol. Oh, an I think the picture you posted, really is you, lol. You need a shake weight.

Ive got much more hair and flab :(

Squidward
02-25-2011, 1:08 PM
Ok, so Im not really a girl, but in light of recent threads I figured it would help me get answers quick :p .

Now that is funny!

jasonnorcal
02-25-2011, 3:35 PM
What others said, if your not having extraction issues leave it out.

Wherryj
02-25-2011, 4:48 PM
Ok, so Im not really a girl, but in light of recent threads I figured it would help me get answers quick :p

I think that your username gave you away anyway.

mlevans66
02-25-2011, 4:59 PM
Wait was that you at comiccon? My GOD man shave your legs! LOL:ban:

five.five-six
02-25-2011, 7:41 PM
I dont follow, and Im not sure I want to :confused: :D

yea...... you don't want to...... :rofl:

PatriotnMore
02-25-2011, 7:47 PM

Awesome. You notice that also! A gal could type one word, and it would generate 4 pages of response.:confused::)

supersonic
02-25-2011, 8:14 PM
are the O rings already on the bolt?

O rings don't come "on" the bolt. And he said it came with an extra O ring, so how could it possibly be "on the bolt???":confused:

BTW, these "spare" O rings come with ALL BCM bolts, with or without the carriers. They are provided if you want stronger extraction. But, MGI Military makes a HIGHLY superior part that beats 'em all:http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9949/Product/AR_15_M16_D_FENDER_D_RING

Anyone who has used one knows how far ahead of the rest they are. Your brass will have a dent in the mouth & will be flung FAR from the rifle, but you will NEVER have extraction problems for the life of your rifle. This part literally outlasts most carbines.

.....yeah, RIIIIIGHT!!!!!:p