PDA

View Full Version : Legal pistol grip idea

Santa Cruz Armory
09-27-2006, 7:07 PM
Wouldn't something like this be legal? (Grip is above the action) Now we just need a way to adapt it to a AR or AK platform. Any takers?? :D

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/BLFD1/PAW-202.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/BLFD1/00822705tb0.jpg

Bishop
09-27-2006, 7:20 PM
Jebus! That magazine is huge! What does it shoot, smaller guns?

Well, it certainly doesn't "protrude conspicuously below the action"... :rolleyes:

slick_711
09-27-2006, 7:31 PM
from the look of that display table it shoots ballpoint pens? thus the huge magazine I guess. At close range they should certainly be lethal, and at distance at least your target is "marked."

I think technichally something like that would probably be legal? But it looks like an awkward weight balance for anything larger than a .223, and to do something like that with an AR would require fully redesigning the rifle to the point that it was no longer an AR :( Good thought though?

Kudos to you for continuing to brainstorm while I play video games and hope the new AG lists in the next term. :D

krim
09-27-2006, 7:32 PM
i think it shoots those 7mm mechanical lead pencils right next to that mag. :D

RANGER295
09-27-2006, 7:50 PM
When I was talking with to my dad the other night about possible configurations for legally building an AR on an OLL, he suggested a pistol grip on the side of the receiver next to the action very much like this one with linkage to the trigger sort of like you would find in an aftermarket bullpup stock. I toyed with the idea a bit and figured that you could actually make something like that work by attaching the bottom of the grip where the top of the normal grip goes and securing the top of the grip to an optics rail on a flat-top left-handed upper. It would be side heavy like someone mentioned. The problem is, part of the grip would still attach below the action which could be a grey area. The length of the stock would also need to be shortened and an optic mount put on the handguard area because it would move the grip somewhat forward sort of like a bullpup. Depending on how it was positioned it may also get in the way of the mag release. As you can see I have given this a fair amount of thought and decided it isnít worth it. Though I would be curious if anyone knows what the heck that rifle in the picture is.

Cardinal Sin
09-27-2006, 8:01 PM
What the heck type/kind/make gun is that?!

anotherone
09-27-2006, 8:50 PM
although this is techincally a lawful configuration I wouldn't attempt this in a county with a liberal DA and court. In my opinion some counties (i.e. Marin, San Fransisco, Santa Cruz) would still take you to court anyways and possibly even get a conviction.

adamsreeftank
09-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Who cares about the grip. What the hell is that gun and where can I get one???